NEED help please

Participant count
  • Participant list

captainkeen
10+ year member

NY
I'm looking at replacing the four 5 x 7 factory speakers in my car. I don't need anything thats competition level. I just want speakers with good clarity and bass. Anyway I'm on a budget of about $140- $160, I would really prefer not to spend much more than that unless it would make a considerable diference. If you have any suggestions as to which brand I should get I would appreciate it. I'll be running them off a head unit, I'm not really sure if I want them run off an amp because I've never listened to my speakers all the way up anyway. thanks

I did some searching. In your price range it's going to be hard to beat this price http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/BLAPCXT573

I have installed several pairs of these. All though they look kind of wierd. They have a pretty nice sound to them. They are also pretty efficient. Which means they should work pretty good with your head unit powering them. You might also want to check out Pioneer, Clarion, or Phoenix Gold. They have some pretty close to your price range. They also sound pretty good. Just a little more expensive. Good luck.

hey, i have the polk audio, i think 357's, the coaxials, 5x7, i got 4 for 180 bucks, theirs 120 a pair, but at circuit city their buy 1 pair get 1 half off. i love them. i run them strictly off my panasonic head unit, they sound really good, and u can move the tweeters 4 better imaging. buy them! you cant go wring 4 the price.

thanks for the advice

also, i saw those polk speakers at circuit city today and they sounded pretty good

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: captainkeen ]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.