Need Help Please!

Participant count
  • Participant list

bb25

I have a 2007 Mustang and I currently have 2 12" Kenwood subs, 350 watt amp, and the stock Shaker 500 head unit. I am looking to upgrade to a system that will bump extra hard. I have some questions below and I would really appreciate if you could answer them.

I was looking around and I think I want to go with 2 12" JL subs but which model is the best?

I want a powerful 1500+ watt amp but do I need it to be the same brand as the subs?

I want a good head unit (preferably a flip out touch screen), what is the best option?

Do I need batteries or any speakers for the doors? If so, what brands are the best?

Thanks!

there is a lot of work that goes into a 1500 watt system, the big 3 and main power run in 1/0 along with a good strong starting battery and at least 1 g31 batt in the back. you may also need a high out put alt, depending on what your factory one will do.

are you stuck on jl subs or would you be open to other options that will perform just as well for less than half of the price.

are you wanting to run ported or sealed.(im not sure ported will be possible due to the trunk size/how much of it your willing to give up)

and no amps dont have to be the same brand as the subs.

How much are the batteries?

I am open to other brands of subs but I've just heard that JL is the best.

I'm not sure if a ported box would fit but I would like to have a ported box.

What is a good amp that has 1500+ watts?

The options are limitless. Need some boundaries. First, how much money do you have to spend on everything. Second, what kind of music do you like to listen to. Third, what are your exact goals (do you want to be able to hit a high SPL number, a flat response curve, or do you just want to shake the ground a little)?

I have a 12 AQ HDC3 /w Aluminum Coils that will take 1500 watts daily no problem. I want 240 plus shipping for it.

since your wanting to go ported and your budget isnt huge, i would say go with a single 12 or 15 that can handle the full 1500.

for the amp i would say a saz 1500.1, if you can find one used. or a mb quart dsc 1500.1.

as far as sub, look into the dc lvl 4 xl, incriminator audio death penalty, and sundown nightshade ( there are others but those come to mind)

jl makes good equipment, but they are far from the best and they are way over priced, 2 w7's would pretty much kill your whole budget.

a kinetik hc 1400 or 1800 under the hood and a deka 9a31 in the back will set you up perfectly as far as battery reserve. just google the kinetik and the deka can be had her on the forum for ~130 shipped.

Expect to spend ~200 for a decent cd player and all the installation stuff, nevermind the touchscreen, it won't fit into your budget. You will want 2 runs of 1/0 gauge wire from the battery under hood to battery in the trunk. As well is 1/0 for the big 3 upgrade. A box built for your sub, would be ideal, you can buy a good design off a forum for ~15 bucks, and build it yourself if your capable

If you get your H/U from Crutchfield, they give you all the installation gear you need, and step by step instructions on how to install the unit, which may be worth the extra cost you pay to buy through them, in your case.

speaking of the box, if you do decide to build it yourself i can do the design and cut sheet for ya for 5 if sealed 10 if ported,

or if you cant build it your self there are a lot of amazing builders on the forum, pro-rabbit comes to mind and i believe ram_designs was going to start building them again.

You could try a 15" with a proper ported box and amp to match. Make sure you design it to fit in the passenger seat so you can roll down the window and do your bass drive by...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif On a serious note though, a lot of flip up screens break over time, might look into a double dimm if possible. The Pioneer 3300 aint to bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.