Need Help Picking Out Audio Equipment

Participant count
  • Participants list

Aidan Fox

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am pretty new to car audio stuff. I know basic stuff, and I know how to wire stuff up, but I don't know what brands are good and what to look for in speakers, head units, and amps. I want to put new door speakers, subs, and a new head unit in a 2006 GTO, and my budget is around $800-$1,000 for everything. Is Skar Audio any good? My friend has two Skar IVX21s with a Skar 800w amp and they sound pretty good, but then again I haven't really been exposed to many "good" setups. Any help is appreciated

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

https://youtube.com/@SaabUnleashed?si=-8qdxpYY0yGzrMsL Here you go. This guy does android head unit reviews. His reviews are how I found my...
While we're speculating, why not bump up your volume gain (no pun intended) for just a few dollars more (literally) and go with the 8" versions of...
I would try a pair of Bass Blockers on the rear speakers. I always place them on Coax. speakers generally, Should help quite a bit I like PAC ones...
If you want 5 channels of amplification you just need 5 channels of amplification. You can do this with 5 amps or 1, depends on budget and space...

About this thread

Aidan Fox

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aidan Fox
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
nauc