need help picking out affordable system

wattsamp

Earth
Guys I want to put a system in a Honda Accord 2012. I plan on keeping my factory radio so for now I'm interested in getting 2 dual voice coil 10s and an amp. Below is a config that Crutchfield suggested let me know what you think. Also I mainly listen to R&B, and rap so I'm looking for something that can cover all types of music. Also I do not want to break the bank I think I spent around 450.00 or less for a old setup that I had in a Civic and I was fine with it.

Alpine MRV-M500 Mono subwoofer amplifier — 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com

Sound Ordnance™ Bass Bunker Ported dual 10" subwoofer enclosure (Model BB102-125V) at Crutchfield.com

EFX PA4BX Wiring Kit 4-gauge amplifier wiring kit — includes 2-channel patch cable at Crutchfield.com

Alpine SWA-10S4 BassLine Series 10" 4-ohm subwoofer at Crutchfield.com

JBL GTO1001EZ can be had for the price of that Alpine amp and i think it comes with a free wiring kit from sonic electronix. And I'd opt for a little better sub like Sundown Ev2's although they're a bit more than the subs you listed. That would be around $400 without an enclosure.

I want to still be able to use my trunk.
A sealed box takes up less space than a ported box, With a ported box, it needs to be much bigger than a sealed so it can acount for the space the port takes up. So you arent gonna lose any trunk space going from that dual 10 ported to dual 12 sealed. That ported 10 box is absolute garbage in its design. Best to go with a proper custom hand made ported if you want to go ported, not some chinese pre-made junk. What does a badly design box sound like? peaky bass, no deep bass, very little sound quality, along with weak output.

The guy above me is right in saying you need something like an audiocontrol lci2 if you want any bass comming out of your subwoofers. Any regular line out convertor will not make up for how much bass the stock head unit cuts out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...