Need help on system build - many questions - need suggestion as well

Participant count
  • Participant list

Santoro300
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Tampa, FL
Haven't posted here in a hot minute. Just bought a new 2013 Ford Fusion and need to put a system in it so I have some questions and need some suggestions:

I do not want to touch the stock deck because it's an all in one system connected to the ac system and a couple other things. Do I need something so that I can add 2 amps to it or what?

I have an Audio Que AQ-1200 and Fi Audio 15" Q. I'd like to keep the AQ-1200, but possibly move on to 2 12's. I wouldn't mind sticking with Fi Audio, but I don't want to spend over $400. Can the amp run 2 12's? And if so what Fi Audio 12's would work or a similar sub?

I used to have Morel Tempo 6's and Hertz HSK 165. I no longer have these so I'm looking for new components and don't want to go over $300-400. I also need a good amp to run them. Don't want to spend more than $200-300 on the amp. Any suggestions would be great.

A side note. I listen to nothing but Rap. Also does anyone know where I can find out the speaker sizes in the 2013 Ford Fusion?

Thanks for the help in advance guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd retro fit the drivers you want into the car instead of trying to get speakers you may not want just because that's the size already in there. But they're probably 6.5's anyway.

I'd look at the JBL MS62c's. JL C5's. Hybrid Audio Unitys. Morel Ovations, maybe?

Look at the AudioControl LC2i for the OEM integration. There might be better options, but that's a good one and inexpensive (relatively).

Fi SSD 12's wouls work really well if you want to stick with Fi and stay ~ $400.

PPi phantom 900.4 is a fantastic little amp to run components. Active capable too.

I'd retro fit the drivers you want into the car instead of trying to get speakers you may not want just because that's the size already in there. But they're probably 6.5's anyway.
I'd look at the JBL MS62c's. JL C5's. Hybrid Audio Unitys. Morel Ovations, maybe?

Look at the AudioControl LC2i for the OEM integration. There might be better options, but that's a good one and inexpensive (relatively).

Fi SSD 12's wouls work really well if you want to stick with Fi and stay ~ $400.

PPi phantom 900.4 is a fantastic little amp to run components. Active capable too.
Thanks man. What about my audio que amp? Will it power those 2 12s?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.