Need Help On Building A System 5-7k Price Range, Please Help

wow. I would think your opinion mattered until I noticed what the other guys are saying, ive only been on this website for less then 24 hours now and I know that mylows10 is a certified vendor here....
im thinking hard about spending my money with the guy at the same time im still looking for more ideas.
I know he's a vendor too, and I've never heard a bad thing about his work, so didn't say anything, but he does hop on every "what's good" thread trying to sell something which is kind of tacky IMO. There's also a classifieds section here with tons of good and hard to find gear for sale.

I would strongly suggest getting someone who knows what they're doing to install for you. Go to some competitions/shows (real ones) and see what is out there. Get some ideas of what you want to accomplish and what you're willing to sacrifice (money, cargo area, extra weight). Before you part with a flucking penny on an installer, ask to see/listen to some of their builds and make sure you know the quality and performance of which they are capable before you buy.

There is no end all/be all brand, in fact for the most part there's about 3 different amps with a couple dozen brand names on them, and most of the speakers come from the same couple factories in China. For the most part what separates one from the next is the company you're dealing with, their quality controll, and how well they support their customers after the sale.

tldr: Go to a few shows, look, listen, learn. Get back to us when you figure out what you really want.

I know he's a vendor too, and I've never heard a bad thing about his work, so didn't say anything, but he does hop on every "what's good" thread trying to sell something which is kind of tacky IMO. There's also a classifieds section here with tons of good and hard to find gear for sale.
I would strongly suggest getting someone who knows what they're doing to install for you. Go to some competitions/shows (real ones) and see what is out there. Get some ideas of what you want to accomplish and what you're willing to sacrifice (money, cargo area, extra weight). Before you part with a flucking penny on an installer, ask to see/listen to some of their builds and make sure you know the quality and performance of which they are capable before you buy.

There is no end all/be all brand, in fact for the most part there's about 3 different amps with a couple dozen brand names on them, and most of the speakers come from the same couple factories in China. For the most part what separates one from the next is the company you're dealing with, their quality controll, and how well they support their customers after the sale.

tldr: Go to a few shows, look, listen, learn. Get back to us when you figure out what you really want.
ty for the sound advice, im going to do just that. ty for your post and your thoughts

You can't go wrong with sundown, dd, and fi. I'd probably put a pair of saz-3500's on 4 15's. No matter what you do I'd put aside 1000 (preferably more) for batteries/alternator/wire.

Checkout:

soundsolutionsaudio.com

ficaraudio.com

ddaudio.com

soundqubed.com/

Amp Installation Kits, HDMI Cables

Edit: Don't forget lots of sound deadener

Last edited by a moderator:
First off I am a vendor second I gave him what he asked for and third if I was spamming like you say I'd be banned so go thread jack some where else
99% of your responses are a fuggin informercial. If they don't come to you perhaps you could use the PM function and quit cluttering up every thread...

Mistrass your a *******. How can u not know who mylows10 is??? William_82 mylows10 is a very good vendor. I live in Texas and he is and California and u can say he is the one putting my system together. He always answers my questions and suggests for better things. If your going to spend that much money then use it wisely and don't go with some kicker trash -_- I'm going with dc audio 5k and 2 15 xl. And have about 2800 so far into my system.
Rhetorical question ******* //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I have no issue with him helping anyone and selling them stuff. But I'm sick of coming on here and seeing thread after thread of him pushing his equipment on people. We have this awesome thing called PM's on here...

Rhetorical question ******* //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
I have no issue with him helping anyone and selling them stuff. But I'm sick of coming on here and seeing thread after thread of him pushing his equipment on people. We have this awesome thing called PM's on here...
Anyone on here could use the PM function and sell their stuff. He posts it in the thread because that's what he PAYS to do. Most people would be greatful that they have vendors(veteran dealers) who know what they're talking about and have several products to go with. I've also never seen Mylows trash another idea to push his. He always will recommend based on what's in the best interest of the buyer. Sounds like great customer service to me.

Anyone on here could use the PM function and sell their stuff. He posts it in the thread because that's what he PAYS to do. Most people would be greatful that they have vendors(veteran dealers) who know what they're talking about and have several products to go with. I've also never seen Mylows trash another idea to push his. He always will recommend based on what's in the best interest of the buyer. Sounds like great customer service to me.
NO, he should be selling in his vendor section, NOT in every thread....

u mirin mlstrass.. DC FTW!
I do a 141....on MUSIC.......come at me bro

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Only certain vendors have their own subforum. Thats why theres 2 different subscriptions you can pay for. Do some research.
There are tactful ways to do things...

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

That's cool and all, but with my DC AUDIO GEAR I can do a 141.1 on MUSIC.. u jelly 4 sure now.

Thank you for giving us an example of NOT to do. I think he answered op's questions just fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.