need help on 1999 Saturn SC-1 car died after install?

jalverson
10+ year member

my face got jacked!
Ok my dunbass buddy tired to hook up his own system cause he just couldn't wait 2 days for me to do it for him, hence he ****ed up LOL. It sounds ffrom what he described that he hook the wires to the correct places however the remote wire sounds questionable, he used his stock radio and tapped the remote into the orange wire that powers the radio instead of hooking it into his fuses, once he had everything installed and tried to start his car nothing even turns over, he jumped his started under the car by touching the pos and neg wire so we know the starter is still good, the battery can accept a charge but the car can not be jumped, any ideas guys??? if you need anymore info just ask and i will call him.

SC-1's **** for wiring. You have to be REALLY careful when hooking anything up if you cut the harness off. You will cripple your car if you short any wires or hook somthing up wrong from the stereo harness. Why Saturn would include these essential car systems in the circuits off the Stereo wiring harness is beyond me. I was used to my old Civic, where the Stereo harness had it's own seperate fuse right under the dash.

A buddy and I shorted a wire on the harness out in his 97 SC-1 when we were hooking up his stereo. The guage lights, interior lights, headlights and ingnition quit working.

We discovered that pushing the auto door lock button with the key in, and the ignition turned would start the car :p He might want to try that to see if it starts. My buddy traced the harness power wire back thorugh the car, and found it runs straight into the computer.

If I were your buddy I would'nt take any chances. I'd hook everything back up stock, and either order a harness, or run straight from the battery.

does the car turn over? is the rest of the car powered up?

If so, it's probably drive-by-wire, and doesn't have a self-calibrating throttle position sensor.

He should've kept the ecu alive while the battery was disconnected with a 9v battery.

Try leaving the drivers' side door open, turn the key to accessory, and don't touch anything. Let it sit for 5 minutes, turn the key off, take the key out, then put it back in and try to start it.

If it still wont start, you probably need a computer to calibrate it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.