Need help matching RMS

most peeps here run twice rated power.. u need at amp does 1200 rms or so at 2 ohm like infinity 1l or jbl or kicker kx 1200 (2ohm) or cab 1600 does 1200 at 2 ohm..

I have been for years I just never had an amp blow out before and forgot what the wattage was on it. I figured out the RMS on both the subs and they are the same at 350. I just need to know which amp I should get

Very good information. I will buy one of the same subs I have soon. But for now can you give me what you recommend me to do with an amp? Until I get the new sub should I run a 1200w on it? Would that be ideal?

Very good information. I will buy one of the same subs I have soon. But for now can you give me what you recommend me to do with an amp? Until I get the new sub should I run a 1200w on it? Would that be ideal?
get amp with enough power at 2 ohm (make sure subs aren't dvc cause if so that maybe your problem make sure each sub only has 1 + and 1- terminal) if they are 4 ohm single coil subs yeah get amp that does good power at 2 ohm and set gain low don't use bass boost on amp or hu and u will have cleaner power than if u run smaller amp with gain high..

What's your budget?

So both my subs are 350rms peak power. Would a amp that is rated at 1100 or 1200 rms peak power be suitable for them? What do you think? They are both 4ohms
Kenwood and pioneer both 12”. 4ohms. What watt amp should I get if they are rated at 400 each? The amp I have now doesn’t power enough.
I have been for years I just never had an amp blow out before and forgot what the wattage was on it. I figured out the RMS on both the subs and they are the same at 350. I just need to know which amp I should get
I really don't think you have a clue about what you got or how simple this question is. You keep trying to get someone to tell you what amp to get, but you really need to fix your subs first. Just because they haven't blown doesn't mean you have it right.

To expand a little on why, When boomin tells you the response will be different: They will most likely be running a different frequency range. They will be physically different (there is more than just matching up 12"), They will have a different magnet weight and travel. They will be fighting each other if in the same box for at least part of the frequency range and part of the note.

Are your subs SVC or DVC, what model subs do you have? Which one do you plan to match?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.