Need help identifying a car stereo

csprinks

I bought a 2001 saturn sl2 where the previous owner had put in an aftermarket stereo on craigslist. I like it because it has an SD card slot and I can just load up the SD card with music and then not have to touch it while driving. Unfortunately it has a fatal flaw. It does not stay at the volume I set it when I turn the car off and on. It defaults to volume 12 or 13 which is ear blastingly loud. So every time I turn on my car I get blasted again and again, I normally have it at volume 1 and even that is pushing it. There does not seem to be a menu button or anything to change the EQ or any other settings. I have pushed every button, held down all the buttons for several seconds etc... It also does not have a brand name or any kind of identifier that would allow me to look up a manual. And of course the last owner didn't have a manual for it. Any help in identifying the maker or fixing the settings would be much appreciated. Thanks!

30scbxw.jpg

Like the other guy said that i didnt notice its a noname deck wich pretty much is junk or a nockoff and its not gonna function good at all. I would replace it unless you could deal with the issues

Like the other guy said that i didnt notice its a noname deck wich pretty much is junk or a nockoff and its not gonna function good at all. I would replace it unless you could deal with the issues
What would you suggest as a replacement? the speakers and everything are fine. Can I get something for around $50 or less? Or are they all going to be **** in that price range?

If your looking for a brand new deck for $50 then yeah they will most likely be crap u could find some good ones for around $100 new. Or you could check craigslist around your area people sell them pretty cheap pioneer, alpine, boss, are decent brands.

Did someone just say that boss is a decent brand? If you up your budget to 150 or so you should be able to find a lot better than that one. Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC, I usually do my research on crutchfield, you can put in year make and model, will tell you what fits, and what is needed to install is usually included.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.