need help getting JBL bpx 2200.1 repaired

Bigkahuna808
10+ year member

Honolulu
I bought a JBl bpx 2200.1 crown amp from another forum member here and it was supposed to be 100% working and its not.

Amp goes into protect at random times with no load and with load. It can play a song and all of a sudden go into protect mode. the amp was installed properly and set with a velmen meter.

I need to get it repaired ASAP. Where. Can I send it to get fixed since crown amps are unique and need more attention than most amps?

Thanks

He wouldn't help. Blamed shipping and my install. Which I had a JBL crown guy do for me the install. And we did it flawlessly. We even gave the seller the benefit and tried the install in differnt cars. And after that the seller still said it was out of his and to file a claim with USPS. Even though the amp was packed well and could not have got damaged in shipping. So it had to have been not working when he packed it.

I need to get the amp up and running and he's not gonna help. So I need to find a repair facility. That can handle it.

The velman meter is used to set gains on a amp according to volume levels and prevent clipping.

check your impedence and download the manual from JBL.com as to how to wire it. theres 2 ways to wire the amp based on if you are running it 1-2ohm, 2-4ohm. its not as easy as just bridging the two channels.

and whatever a velmen meter is, you dont need it. this amp tells you when the amp is being overdriven and where to set the gains, again check out the manual.

Yep I got enough power and voltage 150 amp alt yellow top under the hood and group 31 blue in the trunk. I know it a power pig. But the amp didn't cause that much voltage drop in the car. Never below 13.1 volts

I was running the amp at 2 ohms. But it even went into protect even with no ohm speaker load applied.

The meter is just to double check the specs since I don't wanna blow any subs.

I thought the jumper wire was only to run it at 1 ohm? I got the manual and will double check the settings but they seem right. And the guy who did the install already has 2 of these installed in his car already.

The meter is just to double check the specs since I don't wanna blow any subs.
I thought the jumper wire was only to run it at 1 ohm? I got the manual and will double check the settings but they seem right. And the guy who did the install already has 2 of these installed in his car already.
But even at no load the amp goes into protect just sitting. It doesn't get warm or even clip before it goes into protect.
what ohm are you running at? did you make sure the switch on the amp is set where its supposed to be, not only do you need the jumper but you need to set the switch correctly. and i believe on mine it said if ur running at 2 ohm try both settings and see which one works.

yeah, going into protect even when speakers arent hooked up to it is weird. dont know what to tell ya there. but i know when i hooked mine up with the incorrect jumper/switch settings it went into protect in like 2 seconds so it doesnt take long if set improperly.

good luck

Yah,

Its weired it goes into protect with no load on the system. But somtimes when placed on load you can play some songs and nothing. Turn down the volume and then it goes into protect. The protection issue is just so random. Its like the amp is protection super happy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.