Need Help finding the right speaker size for my rear?

Participant count
  • Participant list

del
10+ year member

I have a 1994 Accord LX Coupe and am wondering if anyone can help me find the right size speaker for my rear? I know that the front panels require 6 1/2's, but am not too sure with the rear since I have heard that they either 6 1/2's or 6 X 9's. They say that the 6 1/2's are for LX's and that 6 X 9's are for the EX's. Does that mean that I can't put

6 X 9's in the rear if I prefer them over the 6 1/2's? Also, does anyone have any recommendations on what size, brand, and model that I should plan on looking into using for my rear? Please help me out....I would really appeciate the help!

you can get speaker converters at most car audio stores...if you want to use a 6 1/2 in a rear deck but the holes are for 6X9's, you hook the speaker up to the spacer (it is a circular piece of plastic that forms into the shape of a 6X9...they work pretty good if you just need a quick fix. When I was in high school my first car was a monte carlo and I needed to do that to for awhile cause it used 4X8's and I already had a pair of 6X9's.

Hope this helps

Keep it loud!

JELLYDIME

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.