Need help designing first box (sport trac)

Participant count
  • Participant list

texastrac

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and new to building a subwoofer box for this is my first! I have come to ya'll for some much needed advice..

Car: 2005 Ford Explorer Sport trac XLT

Okay let's get down to the hardware:

I am going to run two SoundSplinter Orphan 8" subwoofers, and I plan to put them under my seat and have them forward firing.. here are the specs of the subs.

T/S Parameters for the Orphan 8 Single 6 Ohm:

* Qts - 0.405

* Qes - 0.442

* Qms - 4.778

* Fs - 34.289 Hz

* Re - 5.25 Ohm

* Ls - 12.16mH

* Lp - 4.053 mH

* Rp - 25.46 Ohm

* Vas - 5.031 L

* Mms - 214.1 g

* Cms - 100.6 m/N

* Bl - 23.39 T*m

* Sensitivity - 78.44 dB

* 17mm Xmax

I was told I couldn't do ported, but I think I could do if I have a little creativity, otherwise I don't mind doing a sealed box.

here are some pictures of the space i have to work with (tight and with lots of nooks and crannies)

aaaaaa.jpg

aaaaa.jpg

aaaa.jpg

aaa.jpg

aaaaaaa.jpg

sssssss.jpg

sssss.jpg

sss.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

everything measures out to 23.2 width and 8.2 first height and a final of 5.8 back height (i didn't want to calculate slope cause i'll probably mess that up) and 12 depth.. the transmission line its 8 wide and raised 1.8

Yes, that would be too small to have the subs forward firing, that's why I'm willing to have the box come out a little and be even with the seats at a maximum height of 13.8 inches and have a height of 11.2 inches.

The single seat on the other side has brackets that separate it a little but I was wondering if I could make a nifty little port that comes out under the other seat. that seat space measures the same 8.2 height and final of 5.8 and 10 inches depth coming from the back to the brackets.. and 16inches wide..

any ideas of what to do would be most appreciative with this creative space [:

-bo

I thought about doing that, but maybe one 1 inch.. I wouldn't want the ride in the back for the occasional passengers to be unbearable due the slope it would put on the seats.

oh you went that way.. I thought about that, but I don't really want to deal with putting it back in for resale. I think I'm going to just do a simple sealed under the seats unless I get the balls to take out the brackets.

this wasnt the build i was talking about but its an idea, the other build had subs firing downward. you can make a tight squeeze if you just cut small indents in the box for the piece that the brackets attach to. a nice place for an amp is behind the seat, thats where i had mine, than run the wire underneath the cab than to the amp through the hole already there, underneath the fabric theres a cover, you can drill a big enough hole thru the very bottom of the car where no one would notice it. no money loss for resale. than ground at the chairs side bolt, the big one. i did that for my hifonics 2607...

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2853/1441/32130720009_large.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.