Need help confirming gauge of power wire

el_giacomo

I recently sold some old car stereo items on eBay, including some new-old-stock OFC 4 AWG power wire. The buyer is claiming that it is less than 4 AWG and closer to 6 AWG. I've been out of the car stereo game for a number of years, so I'm a little rusty with this stuff, but the insulation is marked as 4 AWG and based on measurements I took and research I've done, it appears to meet, if not exceed 4 AWG specifications?

I'd just like to get a second opinion from folks more knowledgeable about this stuff. The diameter of the wire itself was 5.5-6mm. I've attached a photo of the actual wire (photo was included in the listing). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1e48iLW.jpg

If this was the one you listed as stingpro and listed with it .... "This appears to be True 4 AWG wire, with the wire itself measuring nearly 6mm in diameter, total diameter with insulation is 10mm . "

Not sure what else you could have done, All 4 ga wire is not the same size but you listed the brand and the diameter.

Right....that was my listing and I feel I represented it properly.

I guess the main thing I'm looking for is whether there is any validity to their claim that this wire is "less than 4 AWG and closer to 6 AWG".

Based on research I've done, this wire, even at a conservative 5.75mm diameter (25.97mm²), exceeds 4 AWG minimum specs (21.2mm²).

I like to be thorough and do my homework...that's why I'm here to get some info from folks that are more knowledgeable and active in the car audio field to be sure I'm not missing something.

Right....that was my listing and I feel I represented it properly.
I guess the main thing I'm looking for is whether there is any validity to their claim that this wire is "less than 4 AWG and closer to 6 AWG".

Based on research I've done, this wire, even at a conservative 5.75mm diameter (25.97mm²), exceeds 4 AWG minimum specs (21.2mm²).

I like to be thorough and do my homework...that's why I'm here to get some info from folks that are more knowledgeable and active in the car audio field to be sure I'm not missing something.
There are a lot of scammers in the car audio area of EBay these days. It looks to be impressive 4 gauge wire to me. You even posted a pic in your ad... Either they are an idiot or they are just trying to beat you out of your money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.