Need help! Cd player wont power on!

Participant count
  • Participant list

97accordalpine
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hello,

I had my Alpine cde-9881 installed in my 97 accord. I'm using the adapter plug as to not cut the original harness. . It worked fine. I pulled it out because I was thinking about selling the car. Since then ive wanted to swap everything into my 90 accord I figured it would just be a simple plug in and im ready to go. Well it didn't turn on. It works in my dads 94 and my 97 but not in my 90. I noticed someone before me cut the original harness but everything was nicely soldered back to where it should be. I grabbed a factory radio and plugged it in and it works fine. Its just when i plug in my alpine it wont power on. I'm stumped as to what it could be.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

they may have switched harness's after 93 i'd double check to make sure the wires are correct and putting out what they are suppose to

edit nope they use the same harness still check your connections

Problem Solved! Called a buddy and checked the fuse for the radio and it was blown. Makes no sense to me how the factory radio could still work but doesn't matter. Its fixed now.

Thanks for the replies

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.