Need Help Bridging 2 Amps to 1 Sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

WrecklessDryva

Okay I have a Bridging Module and two 1000w amps that are stable at 1 ohm. I have a 4 ohm DVC subs that is wired @ 2 ohms. I want to bridge the amps to the sub so that it will drop it to one ohm.... I was told two different ways to do it, and neither worked and I have no idea what to do. If anyone could tell me how to do it, that would be awesome.

I've tried running the RCAs to the bridging module. From the module's output I connected the Left to the Left RCA of one amp and the Right to the Right RCA of the other. Then I wired the L- from the amp I hooked the Left RCA into and the R+ from the other amp to the sub. Both amps turned on and the module is wired to a 12v source and grounded correctly. But the sub didn't pound.

Then, I also tried running the RCAs to the module and then from the module I ran both RCAs to one amp. I then connected another set of RCAs from the output of the first amp to the 2nd amp and wired the sub from the L- and R+ of opposite amps and it still didn't work.

Am I doing it the wrong way or did I maybe just mess up?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram that would help? I'm getting reeeeeally frustrated cuz there is a competition tomorrow and I need to start getting some points

lol, try putting the negative on one amp to the positive on another and see what happens.

if it blows up, dont look at me, but i think thats how its done. if the amps are strappable.

but how you get a dual 4 to run at 1 ohm. with 2 amps, is beyond me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.