Need help/advice on car audio setup...

ochild3180

My wife drives a 2011 Toyota Camry SE and I am in the process of upgrading the audio components in the car. So far, the HU has been replaced with a Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD. The 4 factory speakers have been replaced with 4 JL Audio TR690-Txi 6x9s as well. I need help on what to do next. The JL Audio 6x9s sound great as far as mids and highs go, but the bass is lacking big time. A local shop is trying to sell me on a Rockford Fosgate 12" enclosed, powered subwoofer. At least, I think thats what it is. Would this give me a good, solid bass sound to accompany the mids and highs? Or, should I get an amp and a cheap subwoofer(s)? I don't want to spend a great deal, but do have to figure a way to get more and better sounding bass. Thanks in advance for any help or advice, and please move my thread to the appropriate area, if this is not it. I'd also be willing to listen tk any EQ and option settings on the Pioneer so to better my sound. Thanks, again.

You can probably find a sub that will perform better then the rockford for whatever price it is they are asking. Just out of curiousity, how much is the RF sub and box?

$400 budget...Okay, it still depends if you want jaw dropping bass or something to compliment the your front-stage. I assume you want the latter since it is going in your wife's ride. Rockford makes some good products. Honestly, it will probably be what you are looking for. Ask the store to let you hear what one sounds like. If it is not want then go with a separate sub and amp combo. How much space do you want to use in your trunk and I can give you better choices.

Does your wife really need a lot of bass? If not, I recommend that dayton sub that was mentioned, that is a good sub and should be a nice blend to mix in with your highs...Wont be slaming by any means, but will sound good....with that said, still need wire and amp.

Those subs dont require a lot of power, so a small amp should suffice and a 4g wiring kit from Knukonceptz, who I highly recommend charges right around 60 bucks for a 4g kit shipped to your door.

Good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.