need help, 6x9 & 6.5

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bossman150

Senior VIP Member
Iowa
I am looking for speakers for my '12 maxima. It has 6x9 in the front doors and 6.5's in the back doors. I am matching them with a Soundstream STL4.500 and a Pioneer NEX 4000. I will also have a sub so the majority of the bass will be handled that way. I am looking at Kicker KS693 for the 6x9s and Kicker 40CS654 for the 6.5s. I would like to stay under $200 total for the two speaker sets. I listen to rock and country and I don't have equipment or know how to tune I just want everything to sound balanced. The installer will do any basic tuning that is needed. I would prefer to buy from Amazon, I get lots of free Amazon gift cards from work.

To most average joes, those speakers will sound fine/better than stock when amped. However you might want to get a component set for the front 6.5s instead of coaxials. The sound is a lot better with components. Pioneer has a set of T series components for around 99 dollars.

IMO the most important thing here is who is doing your install. It's been shown time and time again that a poor install will make Focal sound like Sony.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.