Need comments on possible new system

justchillin
10+ year member

DC Metro
Ok well first off let me just say that I'm only working with products available at Best Buy because I get a very good discount...So I do know that there are some better high end stereo components than the ones I'm considering, but price is an issue...

Now here is what I'm thinking:

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P7400 (less that $200)

Amp: Rockford Fosgate 700S ($269)

Sub: Rockford Fosgate Punch HE2 RFP3212 12" ($87)

-OR-

Sony's Xplod ES XS-L1265G 12" (probably about $95-$110)

oh, and as far as speakers...I'm currently running Xplod 6x9's in the back and 6 1/2's up front (3-ways... forget the model #'s) and was surprised how good they sound even running off my factory HU....

I'm not looking to enter any competitions, I just want a good system....

Any suggestions???

thanks for the reply...well which of those subs would everyone suggest (and if you feel strongly against either of them why??)...also if any of you have any other suggestions that is fairly close in price or that you have seen in best buy please let me know...I don't want to spend a fortune, but I also don't wanna waste money either...

thanks

If i where you i wouldnt go for the Xplod serie, i currently still own the xplod speakers but dropped the rest. I had serious problems with the xplod amps, they seem to be working fairly on xplod speakers but on my front alpine set it sounded real shitty

Also my wiring block with safety connectors got fried several times couz the xplod amp gave back a wicked signal through my remote antenna, i couldnt figure it out myself couz it maked no sense... After returning the whole car to my audio centre, they contacted sony and it was a "known bug" that a bad signal somehow got sended back through your remote making your radio resend the on signal which gave "overpower" to my backset, also experienced that my second and thirth amps stayed on after stopping power.

Personally i'm a big fan of Rockford and if you can affort it, go for it... its a hell of a lot better then the xplod serie, if rockford is to much you can also go for the alpine V12 serie (F307/F407) which also is an excellent choice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

PS: In the xplod manual supplied with your xplod amp there are values enlisted for expected decibels calculated on car model, the xplod model i owned should be able to express around 130 decibels in my current car, on a car show they measured the real DB"s for each active unit, my alpine's where 130+ and my xplod was just below 100 (which took out all proportions).

So stfu sony ! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

One of my buddies found out the fun way why the Xplodes and infact called that. The sub wasn't even overpowered and it blew. Actually, I thought it was hilarious. Rockfords aren't bad, but a little overpriced. Go with them anyways. Listen to the subs for yourself, It's mostly personal preference.

yeah i've read people on here say the RF's were overpriced but with my discount I can get them much cheaper...but as far as sound quality and general performace would you recommend them???

after doing some reading now i'm starting to question my choice of subs...now i'm leaning toward a SWR-1240D - 12" Type-R Series...is there as much of a difference as i've read?? it comes out to about a $40 more that the RF HE2 which i don't mind paying if its worth it...

it all sounds go, i agree with suckmikehawk..

if you are leaning to sq get the type r's

spl, get the he2's

to get the sony's loud you'll need a REAL big box. also,

the type r's will get loud in the right enclosure

the he2's will give pretty good sq in the right enclosure

so it's up to your ears and pocketbook, i don't think you'll be unhappy with either. give them a listen and decide.

good luck.

I'll be original and support the HE2, it would be an excellent choice tho you should really check them out when active in some audio store for bass is a personal preset, i like it very full and very present, others might not...

Anyway Rockford is a good choice in general (tho its madly priced in Holland)

GL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.