need a system for a 91 Toyota Pickup

Participant count
  • Participant list

Theoden

I have a 91 Toyota Pickup that I want to put a good system in. I'm willing to pay about $500 for the entire system. I can install it myself with a simple schematic. I would like to put a CD player in but I don't know if it will skip or not with my standard shocks. I have a cheap cd player in now that skips when I hit the wake up bumps on the highway. I was wondering if a MP3 Player would be better. I"m not looking for a lot of bass. I love the heavy guitar sound more than the bass. If anyone can give me any Ideas of what I should do let me know.

Thanks for all the info

finally someone w/ a truck i can relate to...well i used to have the same model and year truck you have....the hardest part about putting a sub in there is the back of the truck is not a normal shape...so you'd probably have to get a single box w/ a 10 or a 12 in it and mount the amp on the other side of the truck...as for an cd player you shouldnt have any problem...i had a pioneer and it was awesome...it is a pain to get to your cd player cause u gotta take the dash alla part...if you have any questions feel free to ask me and i'll do my best to help you...good luck

Check out the box I made for my chevy s-10. I was able to put the amp inside so it is out of site to thugs and the box is still small enough for people to sit in the back. I know what you mean Theoden; I like the guitar too, but I still like having just a little punch when the drums kick in. Most newer cd players dont skip. My pioneer DEH-P7200 has never skipped and I have to go over 30 speed bumps every day.

-David

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5822

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.