Need a recone on a HDD 15 inch tantric sub.

Fixmyspeaker.com go on there Web site and submit form, tantric is listed as one.

Cory splaudio dean message him on Facebook.

Let me know how it goes I have tantric subs myself but I haven't had anything go bad with mine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PM me, we can get you a drop in that will fit if you are willing to swap to a 12 spoke basket. I'm in the process of building up 4 HDDs motors now.

Our recone + basket price is very competitive.

you can get a recone but you are really limited on parts specifically coils. Id never just drop a coil in a driver unless it was designed for that motor and a specific application.
This is true for drivers that are actually designed around a very specific coil (underhung, split gap, LMS coils, etc) but is untrue for most overhung drivers. So long as the coil is a good match for the gap, it can work just as well or even better than OEM in some cases.

Can any one give me a name of some one that can get me recones? every one is saying people do it but I have not got one who said they can or will do it?
Ideally find someone local to help. Shipping them out will be rough. Alternately find someone with motor and frame that can assemble a drop-in kit.

This is true for drivers that are actually designed around a very specific coil (underhung, split gap, LMS coils, etc) but is untrue for most overhung drivers. So long as the coil is a good match for the gap, it can work just as well or even better than OEM in some cases.
I already tried to say this, hopefully people believe you when you say it.

Well it can work but chances are its because its cookie cutter. Driver I have IS built around the coil..

Just sticking a coil in may not be what he wants.

It depends on what you want. High bl/low q, low MMS, high Xmax with excellent lowed extension etc.. I most certinally wouldn't just drop a coil in without atleast testing it.

Well it can work but chances are its because its cookie cutter. Driver I have IS built around the coil..Just sticking a coil in may not be what he wants.

It depends on what you want. High bl/low q, low MMS, high Xmax with excellent lowed extension etc.. I most certinally wouldn't just drop a coil in without atleast testing it.
Testing isn't necessary if you know what you're doing. And in his case, we stock coils that fit that motor perfectly. I have four motors exactly like his on hand so I'm not sure why you're questioning the parts choice, I wouldn't recommend a recone kit without knowing the gap dimensions of the sub.

There are only so many different ways to gap a subwoofer, just because the gap is similar enough to share a coil between two drivers does not at all make it cookie cutter.

Testing isn't necessary if you know what you're doing. And in his case, we stock coils that fit that motor perfectly. I have four motors exactly like his on hand so I'm not sure why you're questioning the parts choice, I wouldn't recommend a recone kit without knowing the gap dimensions of the sub.
There are only so many different ways to gap a subwoofer, just because the gap is similar enough to share a coil between two drivers does not at all make it cookie cutter.
What I mean is without knowing the B- field density and the L windings in the gap its pretty hard to calculate the its Qts, qes as well as the bl. Just because the coil fits the gap doesn't mean its ideal. That's what I'm saying. Most gaps are similar because most companies use the same winding tech basically a 2 to one flattened 30 gauge wire long enought to get the resistance.

D.. Have you actually confirmed the parameters on the drivers you used? I've yet to see one match manufactures specs..
Tantric? Manufacturer specs? I wouldn't trust those at all since he was found to be using different parts depending on what he had left lying around that wasn't stuck in "customs". Most of the ones he built didn't match manufacturer specs.

Im taking about every woofer i've used and tested.. i remember the DD 2500A was said to have a .42 qes it was closer to .85

It pretty common to see 10% variance alone in manufacturing differences .

The tantric were seeing 1k each if i was lucky. Had two 2k amps on each stroker at .5ohm each...So ya they took more for longer.. If some one has the same motors out there that could make a drop in that would kick ***. I get how having the sub there makes it easy to get it just right. I hit up fixmyspeaker.com The goal here is to do the drop in recone my self if i can, not make it from ground up...I have no clue how hard making the recone kit my self would be or tools i would need.

I have np cutting out the coil intact so it makes it easy, and sending it to some one. Im worried the specs were off from the get go on the coil tho.. Like i said one sub takes full power all day and you can put your finger on the coil its cold....Reminder there on a 2.4k a .7ohm coils should never get hot on that power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.