Need 3 way, 6x4x1, with xover, 200rms per side

ninjatek
10+ year member

Ninja Member
I currently have a set of Focal 5.25x1 Polyglass components (as listed in my sig) up front and I have Infinity Kappy 6x9's in back. I have a 4 channel Alpine amp that is 70x4 or 200x2 rms. Right now the Focals are getting the front 70x2 and the kappa's are getting the back 70x2. The kappa's can handle more power than the Focal's, and the acoustics of my rear window/deck make the Infinitys that much louder. Basically, unless I almost totally fade out my kappa's my staging is from the rear. I dont like that.

What I do like though, is the sound of my Focals. They just aren't loud enough.

I currently have the Focals in kick panels, so what I want to do is pull out the focals, replace the 5.25 in the kick with a 4" (the 5.25 is too big actually..), leave the tweeter in the same position, and then add a 6" in the door.

I'm looking for a 3way that can handle my amp running at 200x2 rms. I'd like to go active, but I have to buy more gear to do it properly, so I'm just going to stick with a 3way with its own crossover.

So, any recommendations? It has to be a 6.5"x4"x1" set that can handle about 175-200rms per side. I'm probably going to take out the Infinity's and just have the components up front.

As I said, I like the sound of the Focals. Im completely happy with it. I just wish it was louder. Unfortunately, Focal doesnt make a set that fits my criteria, as the 6x4x1 they offer only handles 100rms per side at best. I've been looking at CDT. They offer a few sets that fit my needs and handle the power I want to give them, plus they have some that are within my budget.. $400-$800..

I don't want to spend $800, but if the speakers I find are worth it, then I might do it.

CDT Audio ES-643 - CDT Audio EuroSport 6.5" 3-Way Component Speakers

- TXC4.1 component set and the add on midbass TXC6.0

Diamond D641a and 3-way add-on kit D66.1x3

Looks like Diamond is changing models/model numbers... new number for midbass add-on is D6.0mx3

I would probably go for the Diamond.

CDT Audio ES-643 - CDT Audio EuroSport 6.5" 3-Way Component Speakers
- TXC4.1 component set and the add on midbass TXC6.0

Diamond D641a and 3-way add-on kit D66.1x3

Looks like Diamond is changing models/model numbers... new number for midbass add-on is D6.0mx3

I would probably go for the Diamond.
is TXC a brand name?

I've been looking at the CDT's... They also have the HD-642, which is about $300 cheaper... The ones you listed are about $900 at woofersetc... thats just a bit more than I wanted to spend... is it worth it?

I've never heard the diamonds... well the cdt's either, which is what *****...

3 way with its own crossover is pretty useless.

Get rid of what you have especially the rear fill and fit some 8" midbasses up front along with some mids and tweets and have the best of all worlds instead of some bumbled together mix of drivers playing from all over the car.

i don't have room for 8" drivers up front. I'm not modding the car to accomodate them either. I have kick panels that I can fit a 4" driver (or a slim 5.25") along with a 1" tweeter. The doors take 6.5" drivers. Therefore, I want a 6.5x4x1 setup upfront. I'm probably dumping the rear fill altogether.

My amp pushes 200x2 rms. I want a set of 3ways that can handle that. I'm not sure why a 3way component set would be useless when anyother setup that would take advantage of what I have would also require additional equipment or modding.. A 6.5x4x1 setup will drop right into my car.

not sure if this is in ur budget, and you like the sound of focals, so focal 100kp + focal 165kbe, and u can run them seperately without bridging the amp. Or u could just get the focal 165v3 and watch the gains...

not sure if this is in ur budget, and you like the sound of focals, so focal 100kp + focal 165kbe, and u can run them seperately without bridging the amp. Or u could just get the focal 165v3 and watch the gains...

i want a 6.5x4.1 3way for installation reasons. I have kickpanels that will hold a big 4" or a thin 5.25 (so i want a good 4"), plus a 6.5 in my doors.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.