Necessity?

tealRS

New to site. So Hi everyone:wave:. Ok so heres the reason I posted. I am about to begin a build with (2) Fully Loaded FI SSD's Dual 2 running 2000-2200w rms at .5 ohms. Was wondering if a HO alt or seperate battery is required. I really dont have spare money. The stock alt is 160amp, and big three is being done practically as we speak. I have never done a system pushing this much power before, so I figured that I would ask. I am going to get a cap. I know many enthusiasts don't like them but I believe in them to a slight degree. So please help me out.

dont get a cap. cap=garbage.
Stated that I understand many enthusiasts agree that they are not worth a dime. But I have some belief plus my brother has a 3 farad cap from his old setup that will just happen to end up in my possession. But on the topic what do you truly think?

you'll be fine, you don't need a cap:fyi:
Thanks, all I was looking for.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The cap is going in for a little bit, I will be going against audio beliefs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/omg.gif.05aa02c3095d6ce9338996654eca0863.gif. Don't kill me:suicide:.

Um i would say you might be able to get away with that stock 160 amp alt on 2000ish rms but not if your gonna put a capacitor in. Capacitors just draw more electricity, which you are VERY limited on. 1 good batt in the rear and NO cap and you would be good. If your using the capacitor i don't know what to say.....
Well if you think the extra draw would be a strain, then I guess no cap. But would the would the voltage remain at about 13v to get the 2000ish rms from the amp? I could spring for the batt but don't truly wish to do so.

Answer to edit: MA HK401SX which I just rechecked info on is actually 1800w rms, don't know the voltage the reading came from.

Well if you think the extra draw would be a strain, then I guess no cap. But would the would the voltage remain at about 13v to get the 2000ish rms from the amp? I could spring for the batt but don't truly wish to do so.
Answer to edit: MA401SX which I just rechecked info on is actually 1800w rms.
Well in that case, your stock alt will be just fine. But the reason many very very experienced people frown upon CAPS is because they simply add more strain to a system than they do help. If you really want to get full power from that amp add a second battery in the back instead of the capacitor.

Well in that case, your stock alt will be just fine. But the reason many very very experienced people frown upon CAPS is because they simply add more strain to a system than they do help. If you really want to get full power from that amp add a second battery in the back instead of the capacitor.
Thanks. I will run the run just the stock alt along with the big three for now. When my bank account builds back up after this I will invest in a battery, thinkin yellow top:thumbsup:.

Response to super edit: Not a good thing to be when talking audio. To many math/ big words involved. I tend to have a 2nd grade reading level. It's interesting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tealRS

tealRS
Glassboro
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
tealRS