Narrowed my choice down to 2 subs.. some questions regarding enclosure size

Participant count
  • Participant list

Camer138
10+ year member

Van, BC
I am working with very limited space here.. I plan to put the sub behind the passenger seat in my toyota matrix. I am going strictly for SQ here, I don't care for SPL. I'm a Metal/Rock kind of guy.

My problem due to limited space is the enclosure size and I just want to know what you guys think I should do here.

My 2 choices for subs are:

NEW JBL GTO1014 10" Single 4 ohm GTO Series Subwoofer | eBay

which I would have to pay at least $130 for to get it in Canada.

Or this:

Infinity Reference 10" Car Subwoofer (1060W) : 10" Subwoofers & Under - Future Shop

which i can get for $70 on my girlfriends staff discount.

Both recommend sealed enclosure sizes of .75 cubic feet.

I measured behind the seat and can not go more than 11" of depth. as a result I will have to sacrifice some cubic feet here unless i go custom which is out of my budget and possibly get a .60 or .55 cubic feet box.

so.. will this enclosure size be too drastic of a difference and affect my subs performance in a negative way? how much polyfil would i need to help this situation?

and given the price differences, which sub do you guys think I should go for here?

depends on the sub,my dd 1508 subs i'm selling are 300-600 rms each dual 4.ou could prolly do 2 8" andd still be under 1^3 sealed.you get more cone area that way which will give you better output as well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.