Narrowed it down... 10" RE SE or 10" W7?

There are definitely better options than the w7, when it comes down to dollar for dollar quality. The w7 is a superb subwoofer, but it certainly isn't distortion free. As the previous poster commented, all subwoofers have some distortion, whether it is audible to the human ear or not, can be argued all day.

Without being biased, I would vote for the Fi Q.

if they were giving sub away, i'ld take the jl, but for that kind of money, you could get 3 other subs to 1 JL
While that is a valid point to some, what about the extra space requirements, added weight, power required? Perhaps the OP isn't willing to sacrifice trunk space, or add unwanted weight only because you can get 3 of this for the same price as one of these.

There are definitely better options than the w7, when it comes down to dollar for dollar quality. The w7 is a superb subwoofer, but it certainly isn't distortion free. As the previous poster commented, all subwoofers have some distortion, whether it is audible to the human ear or not, can be argued all day.
Without being biased, I would vote for the Fi Q.
True, it isn't distortion free, but as far as subwoofers go, it's distortion numbers are up there with the best IMO. Which still leads to excellent performance.

I'm not arguing that the w7 isn't expensive, because we all know it can be a pricey speaker. But as far as performance is concerned, which price really isn't a determining factor, it is still an great choice.

There are probably a handful of drivers I would use over the w7, but that isn't because of price, it's because the w7 doesn't work with the space I'm willing to give up, or the weight I'm willing to add.

op's question... the W7 is a much better woofer than the SE MUCH better... have owned both.. I'd bargain the W7 down to $300 and call it a day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I was looking into the Fi Q but if I recall correctly, the shipping for one to Hawaii is outrageous. I'll look into it tho.

The main reason that I was leaning towards the W7 is because I used to have a 10W6 and I was pleased with the sound quality, it just didn't get as low as I wanted. That coulda been due to the install but I'm unsure because it was in the high output red-eye box from JL.

The SE is something I was considering because it's, correct me if I'm wrong, RE's SQ sub which is what I'm really searching for in a woofer. Not to mention, it can get pretty loud when the occassion calls for it.

I still haven't made up my mind yet but I have a correction on the amp that I'll be using. Instead of the NINe.1 I'll be using a US Amp XT-2000DE V2 because the eD's are in the pre-production phase and won't be available for another 100-120 days :/

The XT pushes out about:

700 @ 2 ohms

1000 @ 1 ohm

How to import and edit AVCHD (mts) file in Windows Movie Maker, this could be a pending problem for many camcorder users.

AVCHD as we know is a form of high definition camcorder video compression format jointly developed by Panasonic and Sony for use in consumer camcorders that allows large data files created by HD video recording to be captured and saved on digital media such as hard disk drives and flash memory cards.

And Windows Movie Maker is a basic video editing software developed by Microsoft, it contains features such as effects, transitions, titles/credits, audio track, timeline, narration and Auto Movie.It is also a basic audio track editing program that can apply basic effects to audio tracks such as fade in and fade out.

According to the technical spec page, the video formats supported by Windows Movie Marker are AVI, WMV, MPEG, MPG, MPEG1, M1V, ASF, or MP2.

It is not difficult to find out that Windows Movie Maker doesn't supports AVCHD (mts) natively. Then how to import and edit MTS file in Windows Movie Marker? There are actually many methods as you can imagine, that is, convert MTS file to one of the file formats supported by Windows Movie Maker.

This is exactly what MTS to Windows Movie Maker converter does, by using this professional and powerful MTS to Windows Movie Maker converter, you can not only convert MTS to Windows Movie Maker supported format smoothly, besides you can also do some editing like tweaking Encoder, Resolution, Frame rate, Bitrate etc depending as you like.

Tutorial

Guidance on how to convert MTS to Windows Movie Maker

Step 1: Download and install MTS to Windows Movie Maker Converter

Free download the software and install it on the specific location on your computer, and then run a test. The main interface of the software is as follows:

Step 2: Load file

Click Add... at the middle of the panel to browse your computer hard disk to import MTS file to convert. As batch conversion is supported you can import a bundle of files at one time.

Step 3: Select output format and directory

Click the drop-down list of Profile on the bottom of the panel to select the output format to convert. It can be either ASF, AVI, WMV, MPEG1, MPEG, MPG, M1V or MP2.

And then click the upward and green arrow of Output to select a location to store the converted file.

select-format.jpg

Step 4: Video effect

Click Edit button at the middle of the panel to pop up a Video Edit window, there are three options available: Crop, Trim, Effect, you can edit the file by clicking them separately, for example by clicking Effect tab you can adjust Brightness, Contrast, Saturation of the source file.

video-effect.jpg

Step 5: Conversion

After all the desirable settings have been done, click Start to start converting automatically, the time taking depending on the file size and settings you made.

Okay, I took another look at the Q. With the amp that I'm going to have (US Amps, XT-2000DE V2), assuming that it's oveerrated, would it be enough to get good output from the sub? Shipping isn't as bad as I thought, it's about $280 shipped for the 10.

W7 is an excellent subwoofer....but is FAR overpriced! The Q can give you similar performance and at a fraction of the price. And you can get a pair of SE's for the price of the single w7 10...and the pair of SE 10's will surpass the single w7 10 in output and sound more than fine to the ear SQ and Deep bass wise (of course assuming the correct enclosure is used....aka no Pre Fabbed enclosures or JL HO enclosures...).

V.

get a used Idmax 10 for less than $200. Or a diamond audio D9 off ebay for $200 shipped. I am not sure where you were looking at a $300 SE, but they can be had new all day long for less than $200 and used for barely over $100. Save yourself some dough and check out your options.

idmax, mach 5 ixl, havoc, FI Q, Shiva.... plenty of options without being another JL leg humper... or you can be like the rest of the homies... your choice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.