Narrowed it down... 10" RE SE or 10" W7?

Souljah8574
10+ year member

Okay, I posted a thread about a week ago in search of an SQ sub that'll hit low and sound good. I've narrowed it down to these two subs and it'll be pushed by an eD NINe.1. Most likely will be placed in a ported enclosure. The subs will be going into a Civic hatchback and will be complimenting a set of PPI 356cs seeing about 100 watts per side.

I can get the W7 for $350 used from someone off craigslist in the area and the SE brand new for $300. What would be the better buy for my amp/setup?

For $300 and the amp that you have I would easily go order a FI Q or Ascendant Audio Havoc. They will both take the power and sound amazing. Both are great subs.

Kevin

You should be able to get 2 new re se's for $300

But 1 for 1, the se's don't compare to a w7; w7 blows them away.

If you like a clean, transparent woofer, then get the W7
If you like distortion, then get something else.

a w6 sounds 100x better than the w7 you ****tard

get 2 10" re se's, try to find the older ones, not the se/x

a w6 sounds 100x better than the w7 you ****tard

get 2 10" re se's, try to find the older ones, not the se/x

Where did I mention a w6? And "sounds 100x better than a w7" is personal preference.

Although, you didn't even argue my point, that the w7 is a clean distortion free woofer.

I don't give a **** if you like the w6 more, that wasn't the question you ignorant ****.

Where did I mention a w6? And "sounds 100x better than a w7" is personal preference.
Although, you didn't even argue my point, that the w7 is a clean distortion free woofer.

I don't give a **** if you like the w6 more, that wasn't the question you ignorant ****.
he was referring to your ignorant comment that w7 is the only distortion free woofer, which clearly isn't true. It's been beaten to death, yes the w7 is a good subwoofer, but you can do so much better for the price, or you could get same quality subwoofer for much less.

EDIT: back to the topic, you should get the FI Q instead, much cheaper than the W7, will sound just as good, and u won't be a JL Fan

With your budget I would get an Eclipse ti no questions

IMO a better woofer than the w7 and definatley the SE. They get crazy low and sound **** good doin it (especially in a hatch). 1200 watts will def get it movin, and the eD is underrated iirc.

Not trying to distract you, only trying to offer up what I feel is a better option for you

Holy ****, can any of you read?

Did I say the w7 was the ONLY at anything? No.

**** you guys get really pissy when someone recommends a w7 for anything.

Oh, now i'm the ignorant one huh?

NO WOOFER IS DISTORTION FREE, WHAT DO YOU THINK BASS IS?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.