Name the 8's

tRiGgEr
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
San Diego, Ca
Ok my friend is buying an expedition and I can't get him to go with 15's or 12's he wants friggen two 8's. So what are the Super 8's out there right now, or coming out. Here is what I have so far. Oh and he wants it to be as loud as possible and still sound decent.

Crystal CMP8

ID IDv3 8"

RE RE 8"

Adire Koda 8"

Kicker L7 8"

Fosgate P3 8"

JL 8W7

Any more worth considering???

sound splinter 8, crystal CMP 8

and i think ascendant audio is going to be releasing an 8, but im not sure. koda - i would shy away from that for bass. ive discussed it with a few people, and from the results of the grea 8 challenge, they cant take lots of power TBH. im sticking with midbass for them IMO.

Ascendant Audio is about to come out with some 8's. I talked to a guy for them and supposedly they are going to make them so that they can handle a decent amount of wattage. He was saying that the re8's only handle 175watts rms and they they were designing their 8's so that they would be able to handle quite a bit more than that because people seem to overpower their subs, esp. 8's. I would wait until Ascendant Audio comes out with theirs. I think will be about 1-2 months, but I think that they will be really good and will be able to handle quite a bit of power. So wait on the Atlas 8's from Ascendant Audio. I have one 15 but i am going to try to get rid of it and get maybe four 8's when they come out.

Yeah I've read that. It's were some of the choices came from.

Only reason he wants 8's is for the wow factor. People thinking it sounds like two 12's. I'm sure he's going to take credit for the install too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I'll add the soundslpinter RL-I 8" and ascendant audio 8" to his list. It will be about 1 month tell he finally starts to purchase the stereo. So maybe they will be closer to release by then. Thanks for the info.

there were some good 8's from xtant that I used on an install once. In a jeep they hit good.. about .9cf ported at 28hz.. real nice..

lemme see what they are.

well, I cant find them.. some kind of M series 8.

Yeah those Kickers will pound, but yeah the SQ won't be there. But the eights have very nice SQ of course considering to it's larger brothers.

Besides that I enjoyed JL's 8's. They actually hit very hard for just eights and of course the SQ will be there on those.

Soundsplinter RL-i8.... looks good to me, whenever they finish making the **** things...
sealedlips.gif
.. Was down in TC this past week to check up on some of the parts and things are lookin' to be coming together. I'm expecting that the RL-i 8" drivers will be ready to ship in approximately four weeks (roughly April 15th).

They'll be roughly $150 a piece (including a price break for a pair), and should perform optimally with anywhere from 100-500wrms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.