Nakamichi PA/PI 300 amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

tbear

I got one of these in my boat (circa '84-85) mated with a TD-700 Nakamichi tape deck (useless to me on a boat)

I have an email in to Nakamichi Customer Support for any manuals/specs.....thought I'd try here too.

If the amp is good, I may use it. I don't need alot of power.....I'll keep it. I heard static last year when I bought it. I took it apart today and found a disconnected crimp.....but need a schematic to track it.

The tape deck worked/works. Need to upgrade that to Ipod input. I've read it was one of the best in it's day.

Any help with links would be great.

Ted

I got one of these in my boat (circa '84-85) mated with a TD-700 Nakamichi tape deck (useless to me on a boat)
I have an email in to Nakamichi Customer Support for any manuals/specs.....thought I'd try here too.

If the amp is good, I may use it. I don't need alot of power.....I'll keep it. I heard static last year when I bought it. I took it apart today and found a disconnected crimp.....but need a schematic to track it.

The tape deck worked/works. Need to upgrade that to Ipod input. I've read it was one of the best in it's day.

Any help with links would be great.

Ted
post pics thru photobucket. past the image code in the post box. members here can help without the paper work

Is it this?

If so, its either 70x2 or 75x2

2efhn3o.jpg

Yes edzy, that's it. I just took some pics. PA 300 II (my eyes are getting old) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

Album link boatamp pictures by tbear1964 - Photobucket

and a few for the home crowd

boatamp004.jpg

boatamp007.jpg

boatamp005.jpg

I'm not an audiophile, by any means. If the amp is good, I'll use it, and get a new head unit. I don't need it to thump my boat. I have 2 speakers in the cabin, and currently 2 really UGLY ones in the cockpit, but would like to upgrade that to 4. I got a great deal on used Clarion Marine 100 watt speakers ( a friend upgraded his boat ) and would like to incorporate them into the cockpit.

Any help with links or system capability would be helpful.

Thanks, Ted

Adding info-This unit is mounted behind a wall cabinet....and I believe, given it's era, to be original to the boat. The boat is a 1985 Cobalt, top of the line, and so I believe this is all original. I would like to be able to use this amp as, unless I relocate the amp and reroute everything, I would like to use the KISS method. (keep it simple, stupid) The Cassete/head unit was mounted in this cabinet also. I will probably upgrade this to a marine version, which will allow me to run remote control units easily. As far as I can tell, not an easy task with average car head units. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.