Nakamichi pa-1500

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello im looking at a nakamichi pa-1500 amp, they said its a 1200 x 1ohm rms amp, was wondering if anyone has seen this amp in action, and see if it holds up to the specs. I have two L7's 12's and using an old school kicker zr600 with a eqm module chip right now.Want to know if its a down grade or is going to hold up. Please and Thanks for the input.

I can confirm it does rated!
I'm running it at 1ohm on my eD 13av2 and it powers that bottom feeder just fine. It will be an upgrade from your Kicker for sure. I can't speak to longevity since I have only been running it a short while.

Buy one I think you will like it

WoofersEtc.com - PA-1500 - Nakamichi 1 Ch 1200 Watt Power Amplifier
+1, I have one running 3 old school JL Audio W6's at 1ohm, it does every bit of 1200 watts RMS, I have to run it with the gain turned way down and the bass knob set low to keep from frying the W6's. I actually think it is underrated and is actually about 1400 RMS. It would deffinitely be a upgrade from the Kicker amp. Not to many people on here seem to have one but go to caraudioforum.com and ask about them, alot of people on there run them and they highly recommend it. Glad I bought one, buy it you wont be dissapointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks for the imput, I do like my old school zr, but more is usually better! I just bought it, cant wait to get it hooked up. oh one more question, my kicker amp ***** power like no other amp i have used before, how does the nakamichi do with drawing current?

The Nak amp is really efficient, it draws less power than my old Kenwood amp with twice the output. It does dim the lights slightly with it cranked and the bass turned up, but not much barely enough to notice. I am running a stock electrical system and have no problems running that amp and another 4x100 RMS amp, 1600 watts RMS together. You will like that amp! For the money, I dont think there is a better amp out there. JMO. Plenty of CLEAN power!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.