Nakamichi NA6605 volume shoots up to max when android auto or apple car play is connected.

Participant count
  • Participant list

brs

CarAudio.com Newbie
NC
Got installed Nakamichi NA6605 receiver a few weeks ago. Just 15-20 minutes after the installation I was playing a CD with google maps turned on with my Android auto. On my way back home, I tried to adjust the volume and the volume shot up to maximum all of a sudden and my ears couldn't bear it. The irony was there was no volume knob to quickly reduce the volume, had to scramble for the mute touch button.
This issue happened with Apple car play as well. If neither android-auto nor apple-car play is connected, the volume shoot-up issue is not observed. Most likely the issue was steering wheel control sending rogue signals but the same steering wheel control worked well with Alpine iLX-W650.

Pros:
+ Nakamichi NA6605 supports DVD/CD playback
+ 2 USB ports - android auto and USB drive playback possible in parallel
+ Inexpensive when compared to other car stereos

Cons:
- Volume shooting-up when android-auto/apple car play is connected with CD/USB drive playing in parallel
- Balance/Fade settings got corrupted occasionally and only the rear right speaker was playing the sound
- Customer support is via e-mail, takes a day to respond
- Mediocre amplifier, not even as good as a factory-installed car stereo in a Toyota Prius 2010. Brand new Hertz speakers were sounding like cheap speakers. Bumping up the volume makes the audio loud but not crisp.

Conclusion:
Nakamichi is not the same old Japanese brand it once was. Now they are made in China and quality has been compromised. Pay a few dollars extra, buy a better brand car stereo.

Returned Nakamichi stereo and bought Alpine iLX-W650 which sounded excellent as far as audio reproduction was concerned, equally good or better than the factory installed car strereo in Prius.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...