Nak CD 700II Repair

Participant count
  • Participant list
this is a friggin nightmare. my cd45 took a crap too... does anybody know if ANYONE is servicing these h/u's?

i've been told nak discontinued the parts - nice customer relations.

HELP!

Nakamichi sure is not anything like it used to be, they closed the service center in CA a few years ago and sold all the parts, manuals and stuff off. You may have to send them back to Japan for servicing if you cannot find anyone stateside.

I assume you have already tried the search engines (Yahoo, Google, etc.) looking for Nakamichi Service Centers already, how about there website? No links to support or service of any kind?

While many hold the CD-700II in high regard it is no better than some of the other higher end models from various manufacturer's and at least with those service is readily available.

If I hear of any place that does some servicing I will come back and post it. I used to be a Nakamichi fanatic owning all the top car stuff and the 7 Series home components but got rid of them all a few years ago when service went down the crapper.

yeah,I have one--so far so good.

But even the old products--like the TD-1200 or TD700 tape decks were so complicated and always needed repair

hey, frzninvt: I've always had a/d/s speakers-starting with the 300i and still using 300is speakers in so many of my cars.

I'm doing a new install with a Nak Tuner/deck1, Zapco SX SL pre-amp/balanced line driver/EQ X-over, Symbilink cable, power supply, Symbilink receiver, a Tubedriver TD450 and some a/d/s AL6's

That Zapco stuff wasn't exactly easy to get.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.