Nail gun in palce of screws?

breaker trips(15A) while washer is on and I pull the trigger. Even the instruction manual tells you to use #12wire or bigger. Manual also states 14A, and on my 100ft cord, brads wouldn't go into the wood any farther that 1/16th". Plugged directly in to outlet, BAM! Right down into the wood nice and easy.

Buy me an air compressor, I'm not paying $250+ for the shitty ones here and I'm not ordering **** as frieght would be killer.

I was kiddin, That can hold brads up to how big? Thats how our irrigation pump is, drags with a normal duty cord. Needed a 60 dollar ****en extension cord to run our pump.. Jesus, lol.

so how does the nails provide more pressure to the seam? because from what i can imagine, the seam would be just the two pieces of wood touching - as the screws PULL the pieces togehter, and the brad nails would just keep them from falling apart.

or is it just me.

I was kiddin, That can hold brads up to how big? Thats how our irrigation pump is, drags with a normal duty cord. Needed a 60 dollar ****en extension cord to run our pump.. Jesus, lol.
It holds brads up to 1.25" - it does the trick. I still use screws for the port though.

req - I put some type of weight on the wood for pressure, then nail it in. Believe me, it holds nice and tight.

req - I put some type of weight on the wood for pressure, then nail it in. Believe me, it holds nice and tight.
you never said that
bit-norty.gif

i just pictured people blobbing glue down, putting the piece of wood on it, and then throwing a few nails in. and i was like
eyebrow.gif

well i got a brad nailer.. i dunno how long the nails are, or how big it can hold tho... ill look into that.

but dont you have a chance of it still splitting the wood?

and how the hell do you hold everything in place while you nail it
worried.gif

do you like my smilies
roll.gif

you never said that
bit-norty.gif

i just pictured people blobbing glue down, putting the piece of wood on it, and then throwing a few nails in. and i was like
eyebrow.gif

well i got a brad nailer.. i dunno how long the nails are, or how big it can hold tho... ill look into that.

but dont you have a chance of it still splitting the wood?

and how the hell do you hold everything in place while you nail it
worried.gif

do you like my smilies
roll.gif
You won't spilt anything with brads, they're freekin tiny! Holding them in place is not that hard either.

so how does the nails provide more pressure to the seam? because from what i can imagine, the seam would be just the two pieces of wood touching - as the screws PULL the pieces togehter, and the brad nails would just keep them from falling apart.
or is it just me.
paslode makes nails with glue on them. drive them in, glue heats up, glue cools off, good hold with lots of pressure. and they arent backing out anytime soon... i used to use the 3" flavor on decks and fences.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LightningStryk7

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
LightningStryk7
Colorado
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date