Mystery Headunit... Whats the Mod#?

Participant count
  • Participant list

matt_bennett05
10+ year member

mattchoo!
I found this unit... but no model number and couldn't get in contact with the person... in the mean timel, who can tell me about this headunit?

e5nrps.jpg

It sorta looks like one of the units with the split face I think the model number was a DEH7700 if its that deck there were lots of problems with the ribbon cable being worn by the tim ring ...that when you buy a new ribbon from Pioneer they will send a custom notched faceplate trim ring with the replacement cable

I don't think it's a marine unit... It almost looks like one of the old double faced units... gahh I loved the one I had //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif got it in a trade to put in a radio in a girl's car... too bad the screen died on me... loved that thing

It sorta looks like one of the units with the split face I think the model number was a DEH7700 if its that deck there were lots of problems with the ribbon cable being worn by the tim ring ...that when you buy a new ribbon from Pioneer they will send a custom notched faceplate trim ring with the replacement cable
For it's age it was a great unit (imo)

That is a Pioneer DEH-P8400MP. It has two moving faceplates. The outer one motors down to uncover the inner one. The inner one drops down and angles out slightly. The ribbon cables that attach to the faceplates are junk, especially the outer one. I have to replace mine about every 18 months, at a cost of about $48 for both. Other than that huge problem, this is a great unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.