my wall in ranger.

Nice setup. We do have to remember it is a daily driver. So the meter isn't everything. It is a good judging point, but to what its tuned to he's not going to pull insane numbers. And look at the equipment and power he's using. I think it's doing pretty well.
x2

part of the reason why i chose pete, was the fact that those subs are made for a sealed box, and i wanted him to design the resonance factors and accoustics to sound well in my truck with a vented enclosure. if i got the design off RE's website, it wouldnt have a 6" vent, nor would it be a transmission line cabinet. also i had to take in consideration to my space factor in cab. the box's are 42" long, 15 and change high. i told him what i wanted and he made the specs for me. might look simple, but it bangs! i want to deaden doors and any thing else possible, that will help with spl. i had a type r in sealed box(sounded ok but had more potential); made one of petes designs, and put in there, and with little power, it makes my wifes roof flex in her jeep. so he knows what hes doing is my point, and 50 bucks for a well thought out design isnt that bad when u think about it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

on re's website it calls for 3.0 cuft@35Hz compact and 4.0 cuft@34Hz optimal for ported, you make it sound like they are solely made for sealed purposes. going by the pic you posted the box you built is roughly 2.5cuft@42Hz and that's without sub displacement and bracing/corners which is a tad small going by their requirements but i understand that space is an issue and you don't have much to work with. also correct me if i'm wrong but your design is a basic slot/L port design not a transmission line...a transmission line has somewhat of a taper/throat on the port, right? and not sure where you were looking on re's website but this is what i pulled up (pic attached). not trying to hate, pete does good work.....just stating, like many others on here, you could've gotten these plans for cheaper, or better yet free. i think you would have been better off with both subs in a common chamber ported.....probably could've gotten more cuft out of it too with a common chamber to better suit the subs...

i know it's not walled and in a car and built slightly larger than spec'd but here's one in a 4.6cuft box tuned to 35Hz...wangs pretty hard:

A little research goes a long way my friend. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

heres what pete had to say about enclosure-//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've just looked over your form and an asymmetric wall shouldn't be a

> problem. The problem (challenge, rather,) is going to be the alignment, itself.

> Your RE SE15s have an exceptionally low efficiency bandwidth product (~40)

> which means that they'll require quite a bit of help in terms of mechanical

> resistance which we'll have to achieve either through some degree of

> acoustic suspension or a high degree of resonant impedance (that is, if

> we're going to work around the inherently large spike along the woofer's

> upper response region and then a lack of bass along the woofer's lower

> response region.) By the virtue of the T/S parameters, these drivers were aimed

> toward use in sealed enclosures. Not to worry; I know these like the back of my

> hand and we can certainly do better than sealed, especially for what you'd

> like them to do. Let me know if you have any further concerns or anything else

> that you'd like to interject. Aside from that, everything looks quite

> doable to me. Let me know if you'd like to get started so that I can assign

> you a case number and put you in line for a set of blueprints.

>

> Pete

also whe he sent the blueprints, heres' what he had to say-//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What you have here is an offset transmission line design in two sections that are to be stacked one on top of another for ease of assembly and install. As you've requested the vents (mouths of the transmission lines) fire along the driver side with the woofers as far toward the passenger side as was feasible given this particular style alignment. According to your listening preferences / output goals, this is a predominantly SPL design and aligned for good performance with most Rap music. Expect peak efficiency of 94dB (1W @ headrest) around 53Hz for SPL purposes, otherwise, your effective in-cabin response (and the enclosure's operating range) spans from ~35Hz to 90Hz. For the woofers' protection, set your subsonic filter around 32Hz.

Pete

heres some better vids. same camer- just formatted better:D

its just bass ****. "kings of bass"" bass patrol" (old school)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

also, when i made these , my windows were down, and the wind was whippin through the cab(eliminating visual for subwoofer air movement) oh well, the **** was bangin though. ill make some more vid tomorrow of some rap **** people know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.