My Sub amp keeps blowing Fuses???

LowRydr
10+ year member

I have a 600w kenwood 2ch amp and every time I put power through it the fuses blow with in seconds! I had this amp in my other car and it was working fine, but since i took it out I hasn't worked. So far it has blown 8 fuses, two fuses each time I try to put some power through it. Has any one had this happen before? If so, what was the problem and how do I fix It?

I appreciate the help!

If it wasn't grounded properly how could that make a power surge like this?
I doubt that it would, maybe if it was very loose and continually became grounded and ungrounded, but usually the amp just wont turn on, or has lots of noise. Take it to a shop and have it tested out, I think its fried //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.