My Slc 265's sound... muffled, not "full"

Freestyler717
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
04 accord. Well I'm running them off stock HU and a 3sixty.1. Kicker 2-channel w/ ~105 watts per side. Partially deadened doors. (right now gains are at 1/3... as set by the car shop)

With rock, they sound like crap. The tweets sound harsh and "tin"-ish and somewhat garbled. The mids seem muffled. I placed my ear beside the mids and they have zero clarity or oomph, basically my sony speakers sounded better... and seems like the tweets are louder than the mids.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

To top it off, my tweet is whining... think Im going to ground the RCAs on the

3sixty.1.

Whats the problem guys? Does it have something to do with the "sensitivity" setting on the 3.sixty.1?

Edit: the 3sixty.1 is located inside the center console... so I would have to go to the shop to get it fixed.

sorry to thread jack but the same thing happened to me today the right side all of a sudden had this muffled or scratchy sound. the wierd thing is that it is only the RIGHT side both the midbass and the tweeter. Could they both be blown?? or could it be wiring? or could it be something else?~!

IF im listening to rock like Saosin or something the tweets and mids sound horrible. Harsh tweets with a hollow sound and lifeless mids. It seriously makes my ears bleed. Hopefully its something I can fix through the 3sixty.1.

Well my setup was fine until this afternoon. It was weird .. all of a sudden it just started having this scratching sound/muffled .. and its only the right side .. i dont know could it be the x-over?

why can't you access the 3sixty1 but the shop can? i'm guessing that you need to play with the tuning a bit. i haven't heard the rainbows, but everyone seems pretty gay for them, so i hope they sound better than your sonys :p

but yea .. to help you out .. i had to play with my settings until i got it to where i liked how it sounded .. but now i have no clue why just the right side is screwed up. You probably have to change the bass levels. I'll try to take pictures of my settings on my 780MP.

Yup that stock HU + the 360 is causing an issue. My guess is that you could have gotten a better quality HU for as much as you paid for that 360.

why can't you access the 3sixty1 but the shop can? i'm guessing that you need to play with the tuning a bit. i haven't heard the rainbows, but everyone seems pretty gay for them, so i hope they sound better than your sonys :p
Its located inside the dashboard. Gotta take it apart to gain access and mess with the sensitivity settings etc. I can access the bluetooth though which I will try tonight and see if I can change it to my tastes. They still gotta take it apart to ground the 3sixtys rca's so the whine will stop.

gotta get them off that stock HU
Sound crappy/same even through the aux input... ipod etc. (this bypasses the stock hu)

Yup that stock HU + the 360 is causing an issue. My guess is that you could have gotten a better quality HU for as much as you paid for that 360.
Wanted it to look stock. The factory radio is an integrated piece with things such as climate controll etc. You gotta buy some expensive kits or have the stock radio part go dead, and put the new headunit in the cd compartment.

More to the point I meant get yourself a new headunit with much better capabilities for tuning, crossovers etc will be better than that other unit you're using

Wanted it to look stock. The factory radio is an integrated piece with things such as climate controll etc. You gotta buy some expensive kits or have the stock radio part go dead, and put the new headunit in the cd compartment.
What kind of car do you have? I'm sure you can find a good head-unit and a dashkit for less than however much you paid for that 3sixty.1.

Basically, you NEED a new head-unit. I used to have a line out convertor on my stock radio, and it sounded HORRIBLE. I was getting weird noises and a bad signal.

When I got a new HU the problem was solved.

I have a 2004 accord. Its connected with a High LEvel Input I believe.

Heres the cd player.
cd-player.jpg

I don't think the sound quality problem is coming from the HU because when i plug my iPod into the 3Sixty processor. (ipod-->3sixty-->speakers) bypassing the head unit. THe sound quality is the same.

Could the speakers be out of phase?

Not enough on the speaker gains? (ample wattage, 1/3 gains high passed at 70 hz.)

Sensitivity setting on 3sixty?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.