My second box

Status
Not open for further replies.

PESteele
10+ year member

I wang on an 8 in a van
annapolis
i didnt realize the port would continue behind the sub so theres only like 1/4 inch behind the sub

IMGP4612.jpg

IMGP4613.jpg

IMGP4614.jpg

IMGP4616.jpg

Enjoy

just pretend you did that on purpose. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

nice build btw

Decent looking man...... It still wouldn't hurt to build a small ring to get the speaker away from the port. Reason being, when the sub get's up and moving you the sub might flex the wood and cause it to hit the port.

Decent looking man...... It still wouldn't hurt to build a small ring to get the speaker away from the port. Reason being, when the sub get's up and moving you the sub might flex the wood and cause it to hit the port.

then again if the box flexes a full 1/4 inch...he needs to think about what hes doing wrong.

I would just put a 1/2" spacer ring under the sub.....OR.....put a 1/2" face panel on the front of the box......once carpeted, noone will be able to tell that you really fu

then again if the box flexes a full 1/4 inch...he needs to think about what hes doing wrong.
My box flexes and there is nothing wrong with it what so ever. It has to flex otherwise it'll break.... 1/4 is a lot but building a ring would be way better than dealing with that nocking sound....

My box flexes and there is nothing wrong with it what so ever. It has to flex otherwise it'll break.... 1/4 is a lot but building a ring would be way better than dealing with that nocking sound....
Stop giving advice if you believe what you just said.

Stop giving advice if you believe what you just said.
RU kidding me???? If you don't think your box flexes you either

A. Don't have a sub that moves

B. Are in serious denial.

C. Have an ultra small box and therefore flexing wouldn't be noticeable.

RU kidding me???? If you don't think your box flexes you either
A. Don't have a sub that moves

B. Are in serious denial.

C. Have an ultra small box and therefore flexing wouldn't be noticeable.
I'm sure my box flexes... but can I tell? no. So doesn't matter to me.

A well constructed box will not flex, and a decently constructed enclosure will not move beyond a slight "vibration" if you will.

If your box noticeably flexes, guess what, there's something wrong - plain and simple. Would you like to come see my box, you're more than welcome to see it NOT flexing...with a 15" avalanche and viper 1200.1

The the question at hand though, I would add a ring because as undercover stated you may end up with some noise that's not optimal. It was suggested earlier to add a complete face (ie double baffle), which isn't a bad idea for the cosmetics if you can take the extra weight. It will also help with flexing, but from the looks of it you're not dealing with long enough stretches to have too much trouble in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...