My review of the PG Rsd's 6.5" set.

bigbangtheory
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Well I will update this from time to time and if a Mod feels he needs to move this to the review section, then so be it. Just not many hits go to that sub forum, but will leave that up to them.

I just put these in yesterday, so that is why I will update as a lot of people say they need to break in. So far though, I am very impressed for a set like this that only cost 75 bucks new. (Thanks to 5.7TBI for the set, which was BNIB.) The mid sounds good so far, but not much mid bass for plug in and play. Looks like I am going to have to use my deadener for my doors, so yeah........more work, lol! Will seal them up real good and see how they sound then, although most people are saying takes some time for them to come alive. So will see as I won't get to deadening my doors till next month sometime.

The tweeters sound very good so far. Not to harsh and not to mild, just a nice middle ground I was hoping for and this is right out of the box. I had some MB Quart Q series and the cheaper DSC line and they got very harsh, but I needed it back then with the subs I was running. I have cut way back on the bass and these seem to fit in good with what I am running. I imagine this set will sound even better once I get my new mag as well.

I have listened to rock, which I usually listen too and some R&B and a little rap and sounds good on everything. I am currently running passive, with plans later to maybe do active. Just not sure yet. But so far I am very impressed with these budget speakers. One of the better sets I have heard and I am only feeding them 75rms a side. So not giving them half of what some people are, which I can't ever see me doing as they sound perfect where they are at. I also have done very little tweaking from taking my old speakers out to these. Funny as I had put my stockers back in till I got these in, lol! I also run a Pioneer 880PRS. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I am sure you have heard it before, but I will echo it. If you are looking for a budget speaker, then these will be a good pick up.

Do your homework though as I have seen a few people on here that have blowen their tweeters. They do have quite a bit of power going to them. I don't recommed more than what I am giving them, which is 75rms. Like I said though, I just put these in, so will update shortly.

Thanks for the look and peace!

Yeah// the higher tones, that the mids play are deffinaly a little harsh..

Very easy to tell when you are ONLY running mids //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif lol

Excellent post very informative. You have convinced me to try a set of these. I am going to take the time to install these for 2 months and compare them to my CDT's I have a friend who will buy them when I am done and if I like them better I will keep them. I am pushing the same wattage you are so they should not blow I am going to punish them in the 60 days to see if they will hold up. Could be a $100 experiment gone bad. I will post my results and opinions at the apropriate time

HU- Alpine CDA-9831

Sub-RE Audio-SR12”

Amps- Alpine MRV-F450 & MRD-M301

Speakers- CDT CL-62, 2 way comp. & CL-6 Midrange

Vehicle- 2004 Toyota Rav 4

Excellent post very informative. You have convinced me to try a set of these. I am going to take the time to install these for 2 months and compare them to my CDT's I have a friend who will buy them when I am done and if I like them better I will keep them. I am pushing the same wattage you are so they should not blow I am going to punish them in the 60 days to see if they will hold up. Could be a $100 experiment gone bad. I will post my results and opinions at the apropriate time
HU- Alpine CDA-9831

Sub-RE Audio-SR12”

Amps- Alpine MRV-F450 & MRD-M301

Speakers- CDT CL-62, 2 way comp. & CL-6 Midrange

Vehicle- 2004 Toyota Rav 4

Well good luck with them and not sure if you are being serious or not as we had our tiffs. Please though, let us know how you like them as long as you are being honest. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well update as it has been a few days. The other reviews are true about break in time. They do seem to sound better and the tweeter IMO is the focal point in this set. Mids sound good, but I am lacking mid bass, but that is because I have a bunch of holes and I did take down the factory foam padding. I believe one I put the fatmat sound deadener in there, it will help them out some. Like I said, that won't be for awhile though.

Still very pleased with these and seem to keep getting better. Sometimes I get on them pretty good and when I am done with a song, I have to rub my ears, lol!

deaden your doors, the midbass will come.
Yeah, that is what others have mentioned as well, but thanks. Thinking the deadening project will be done mid June.

Just an update............sometimes I have to tone things back with certain music. I put in an alternative group yesterday, name not coming to me right now, lol! And the highs were just a little much. So I do notice myself having to keep using my EQ quite a bit more with other sets. Not a big deal, just more time consuming than anything. Once set though, sounded killer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.