My Pioneer amp says.....

Participant count
  • Participant list

rapfiend03
10+ year member

TEXAS!
that it can do 70w x 2 (rms) bridged into 4ohm. Can i do this correctly with the RE RE Comps, without blowing the amp or speakers? i know people say that the RE Comps do good with 70w RMS so this is why im asking. if i can do this how would i do it?

btw: its a Pioneer GM-4000F 4 channel amp.

thanks for any help...

Yes, just plug the left channel RCA into the front channel input and the right channel RCA into the rear(or vice versa), use some simple rca splitters to get the single RCA to fill the pair of inputs.

Set your gains for front and rear identical to each other so the one side isn't louder then the other.

We'll assume for the sake of discussion that your output channels are labeled 1, 2, 3, and 4. (I do not know the specifics of your particular amp is - it may be 'A' left and right plus 'B' left and right or some other labeling - I'll assume you can figure it out from what I'm trying to tell you)

If 1 & 2 are one side of the amp and 3 & 4 are the other side typically you'll connect the positive output from 1 and the negative output from 2 to the + and - inputs on one crossover for your components. Then the positive output from 3 and the negative output from 4 will go to the corresponding inputs on the opposite side's crossover.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.