My LED Coversion Thread

It is far from plug and play, you have to wire in Resistors with the LEDs to convert them to 12 volts.... and you have to solder them in the right place, its hard as hell to get right the first time, it took me alot of trips back into the car to test the light before putting the switches back together, i made literatly 30+ trips but it was well worth it. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Thanks. I'll continue to look into this as a possible Christmas break project

Nice idea. I need a LOT of new dash lights, but mind aren't stock LED.. they're just kinda shitty old lights they used in the 1990s.. how can I go about converting?
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR&keywords=&cart_id=1859057.4798&next=50

here, use these.. look at the ones towards the middle of the page. they are most commonly found for dash/buttons and such.

much much easier. all you have to do is pull the stock bulbs to find what fitting they use. then just purchase, plug and play, no need for soldering in tight places.

Good job, I'm working on all blue interior as well.

Here's a pic of my gauges, I'm getting a better quality set of faces made though:

Bluelitgauges1.jpg

UPDATE:

I got part of my cluster in, im still waiting on an overlay other than that, its finished. heres finished pics! Some pics taken with domelight on, some without.

GEDC0172.jpg

GEDC0173.jpg

GEDC0175.jpg

GEDC0176.jpg

GEDC0177.jpg

Copied from my car domain.

Performance :

-ZZP PCM Tune

-ZZP PowerLog

-ZZP 3.4 MPS "Modular Pulley System"

-ZZP Cold Air Intake

-ZZP 180* Tstat

-ZZP 3" Downpipe

-Ported Rear manifold

-ZZP Ported Blower

-ZZP 10.3mm Wires

-Autolite 104 Plugs

-R1 Premium Drilled Slotted Rotors.

-HawkPerformance Ceramic Pads

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.