My Kids Gravedigger Powerwheel

tjennemann
10+ year member

I have been working on this off and on over the past few months. I figured it was time to showoff how it turned out

Its a Gravedigger body that was in some rough shape after sitting outside a friends house for a few years.

The equipment I have laying around in my basement is

Head unit

Sony MP-70

Highs

6'5 Planet audio

Amplifier

American Base CX-1500

All this equipment was in my S-10 back at the USACi KC finals in 2002. I figure if my 3yr old enjoys the shows then I might dip into some higher end equipment to get him louder

I will just try and attach the file this way till I figure it out.

This is at a local show a few week ago. This is more of the just for show box. it hit 133 db. I built a new 6th order bandpass box and will find out how it does this weekend.

I am just using a cheap 12" Panasonic sub with this box. as I stated before once I know my son likes going to these events I will invest in some better equpment

CAM00116.jpg

looks like I have to have at least 5 posts to link photos. so here we go

I have looked at a lot of the Powerwheel vehicles people did for their kids and only one kid can fit inside, also the thing is not functional at all for the kid to play around in the neighborhood, or in my case camping trips. So this is what I did to remedy that for my kid

Cut everything out of a digger to make as much space as possible

IMG588.jpg

actually have the box support the seat to make it a little more sturdy (this is the old box)

IMG593.jpg

radio and speaker locations

IMG661.jpg

all assembled with a little 8" sub

IMG737.jpg

having a friend in the vinyl business is helpful. had him print me out some graphics that my son liked

CAM00108.jpg

starting to get there

CAM00111.jpg

a good location for the battery and volt meter

CAM00110.jpg

I still have some final things I need to do like clean up the wires. add driving lights and underglow. Which I will probably do over the course of the next few weeks

This Gravedigger was built to compete in USACi, and Midwest SPl "STOCK" class since everything is contained inside the vehicle and the only access to the cab is by two ports.

Over the winter I am thinking of building an "EXTREME" class that will still be available for him to drive from point "A" to point "B" very easily. I mean really why build a Powerwheel that a kid can't drive more than 30'.

I am going to use this for the vehicle

CAM00151.jpg

if you know power wheels, its Fire Truck body, On a Gravedigger Frame, with Hurricane tires. I am thinking either (2) 12" subs or (3-4) 8" subs. But we will see what I can work out with some local dealers

Here is a quick picture of the new box (this pictures does not show the bottom of the box which is the sub access panel)

port in feed is on the right. with port discharge on the left

no clue what numbers it will do since I don't have a meter. Roughly it is tuned to about 58-60 hertz. that is just a best guess by playing around with the test tones. So we will see what it does at the next event and see what changes I need to make. my goal is to get close to 150 using the Term pro mic. The mic actually sits on the floorboard. so this is not a port wars situation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.