my install is done.. tell me whatcha think

It looks **** good. As far as cleaning up the wires, if you want to go all out you could make a platform that mounts onto where the amps are mounted right now, making space so that the amps still show but nothing else does, provided you have room. Or you could make a little platform that goes from the bottom of the amps to floor just to cover up all the wires. If you dont want to do all that, you could staple some plastic tiewraps on and tie up the wires taunt and organized so theyre not in a big jumbled mess, but they would still show. Either way, it looks great, espcially for a first timer

Originally posted by Gauntlet It looks **** good. As far as cleaning up the wires, if you want to go all out you could make a platform that mounts onto where the amps are mounted right now, making space so that the amps still show but nothing else does, provided you have room. Or you could make a little platform that goes from the bottom of the amps to floor just to cover up all the wires. If you dont want to do all that, you could staple some plastic tiewraps on and tie up the wires taunt and organized so theyre not in a big jumbled mess, but they would still show.
I think I will try to build a platform. I tried to do that with 1/4" plywood, but it was too thick that the seats wouldnt go down all the way. I will look for some other kind of wood to build that with maybee 1/8" thick would work.. Thanks for the input

D

love it man..signed ur guestbook...i wouldn't sweat those wires,much..hehe.....u could always buy some 1/8" plexiglass and mold it to cover the wires...organize them first, and then do the 'glass..kinda show them off as well.

kind of a rant here..but with companies making the wires look kewl, rf riot gamma's for example, why aren't people wiring in such a way as to show off their wiring??

anyway, prime, just a thought to keep it different...........looks good!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:eek: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif :p

Dude that is awsome for a first install. Is this like first self install, or first install period?? Either way its sick,a d u should be (and as I can tell are) very proud of urself and ur handy work.

J

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Primetime

10+ year member
Senior Hoopster
Primetime
Tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date