my friends are

the only means of reinforcement thats gonna work is if you're running a setup that rapes theirs. some people are just too ignorant and will brush off your arguments like you don't know what you're talking about

Pick any 12" sql sub that is rated for 1k, compare it to a JL 12W7 in price and performance.

Amazon.com: JL AUDIO 12W7 - Car subwoofer driver - 12.5": Electronics

$570 shipped for a 12W7

SSA Shop - SoundSolutionsAudio 12" SSA ICON Sub woofer

$260 shipped for an SSA Icon

That's just one sub. You can buy an Xcon for less. You could buy two Icons for less and get double the cone area, theoretically 3db extra output. If they think the W7 is going to sound better, they should probably commit suicide.

Ya know JL Audio are good stuff, their 1000/1 is one of the best 1000 watt amp you can buy, plus you know their stuff isn't put together by sweatshops and I rarely hear about quality problems with them. There are tons of threads of people asking whether this brand is any good or if that sub can really handle what it claims but you won't have to worry about that when you buy JL Audio because they've proved their worth - they're the most prominent name in the car audio business so some people buy it for the name for showoff points. A Gucci bag is infinitely better than a bag from Walmart. A Ray Ban sunglasses works just like the $8 no-name from a gas station but you can say you've got Ran Ban vision. $3000 Omega watch tells time like a $10 Casio watch but no self-respecting rich folk would ever want a watch from a company that also makes calculators... you get the idea.

If I was rich and don't know much about car audio then I'd just buy everything JL because everyone knows JL and everyone knows it's expensive. What the hell is Sundown? My son don't have down syndrome. What is Incriminator Audio? Sounds like it's for stupid teenagers. No-name custom subs? What are you poor and can't afford name brands? etc etc...

tell your friends they are stupid and automatically know nothing for liking jl. give me 200 bucks and ill have a sub that rapes anything jl can shit out onto an assembly line

You're just having fun being a hater, aren't you? You've never used any JL stuff, have you?

Ya know JL Audio are good stuff, their 1000/1 is one of the best 1000 watt amp you can buy, plus you know their stuff isn't put together by sweatshops and I rarely hear about quality problems with them. There are tons of threads of people asking whether this brand is any good or if that sub can really handle what it claims but you won't have to worry about that when you buy JL Audio because they've proved their worth - they're the most prominent name in the car audio business so some people buy it for the name for showoff points. A Gucci bag is infinitely better than a bag from Walmart. A Ray Ban sunglasses works just like the $8 no-name from a gas station but you can say you've got Ran Ban vision. $3000 Omega watch tells time like a $10 Casio watch but no self-respecting rich folk would ever want a watch from a company that also makes calculators... you get the idea.

If I was rich and don't know much about car audio then I'd just buy everything JL because everyone knows JL and everyone knows it's expensive. What the hell is Sundown? My son don't have down syndrome. What is Incriminator Audio? Sounds like it's for stupid teenagers. No-name custom subs? What are you poor and can't afford name brands? etc etc...
Mcintosh. You lose

A buddy of mine was at my house over the weekend. We were gonna be messing with his setup which is all jl. Before he came I told him how he could've got better, then he told me how much he paid so I couldn't complain. He asked what I had so I told him "a solo x" he'd never heard it an starting talking isht. He got here heard mine and didn't even wanna put his in. After that he started asking hella questions about what other brands there is. That's just another example of how closed minded people are til they are enlightened. Sorry for the long rant.

Pick any 12" sql sub that is rated for 1k, compare it to a JL 12W7 in price and performance.
Amazon.com: JL AUDIO 12W7 - Car subwoofer driver - 12.5": Electronics

$570 shipped for a 12W7

SSA Shop - SoundSolutionsAudio 12" SSA ICON Sub woofer

$260 shipped for an SSA Icon

That's just one sub. You can buy an Xcon for less. You could buy two Icons for less and get double the cone area, theoretically 3db extra output. If they think the W7 is going to sound better, they should probably commit suicide.
****.. another ssa nuthugger.. cmon bob

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Funkypup>You

10+ year member
Funkypup>You
California, Missouri, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from