My first ported build and I need help!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tisdaleskarbass

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have 2 skar audio vd 12 d4 running on a rp -1500.1d speakers wired at 1 ohm I’m trying to build a tapered box to go behind my seat in my single cab truck I’m wanting to port this enclosure but I don’t know how to calculate the port the right way to make it fit inside that box and from what I’ve read I would want to set this port to 36 hertz don’t know how true it is but I need help if anyone could give some advice it sure would be appreciated

I've built jump seat console boxes before ... I remember one in a full size Dodge truck I did where I integrated the factory armrest in the design then added 4" foam and matching seat material to cover top of the box ...a pretty stealth setup ..it was a single DD 3510 ..the space under rear seat wouldn't house the sub ...the sub and port rear fired ..building a console as well for rear seat area ..they pretty much became rear buckets...

I've built jump seat console boxes before ... I remember one in a full size Dodge truck I did where I integrated the factory armrest in the design then added 4" foam and matching seat material to cover top of the box ...a pretty stealth setup ..it was a single DD 3510 ..the space under rear seat wouldn't house the sub ...the sub and port rear fired ..building a console as well for rear seat area ..they pretty much became rear buckets...
Just to give you an idea I have a 94 k1500 single cab

Just to give you an idea I have a 94 k1500 single cab
At least I know your cab room now ..I have a 89 GMC single cab ..I also have a 94 K1500 project truck it was riding on 41s but im gonna rework stuff pics of it were on my other phone ...
20201111_131624.jpg

At least I know your cab room now ..I have a 89 GMC single cab ..I also have a 94 K1500 project truck it was riding on 41s but im gonna rework stuff pics of it were on my other phone ...View attachment 25844
Yea not to much room in there lol but that’s why I was thinking of the behind the bench seat bc skar says per sub I need 2 cubic ft ported and 1 cubic ft sealed and I had them in a sealed box and I didn’t like it maybe bc the box wasn’t built for these speakers but I’m buying 2 sheets of 3/4 mdf and I got to build something to get my sound back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.