My first 134.7 on one 10

Depending on everything else you have now, it could be rather easy to squeeze out a few more DBs. Like others said, electrical upgrades? Any dampening inside the car? Subwoofer placement. Enclosure volume and port tuning? We need more info about your set-up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I gained a DB by having the guys let go of my hatch. I gained .3 by using the drivers seat instead of the passenger seat. I hope to hit the 145 mark at the end of this month, I want that sticker.

AS classes are only music with the car off.

street classes and up are car on and you can use what ever you want (burp or music)

all spl classes are peak spl for score.

park & pound is metered 6ft outside of the passenger door, and is vehicle on on music. it is also a 30 second average and you are not allowed to be in the vehicle.

AS classes are only music with the car off.
street classes and up are car on and you can use what ever you want (burp or music)

all spl classes are peak spl for score.

park & pound is metered 6ft outside of the passenger door, and is vehicle on on music. it is also a 30 second average and you are not allowed to be in the vehicle.
You can also rev to 2000 RPM

You can also rev to 2000 RPM
you can't throttle though, you have to adjust the idle under the hood.

OP your score is pretty good, but there's some things you can do to get better QUICKLy. First, find your car's peak frequency and build a box that's about 3hz less than it with the biggest possible port you can fit. Next upgrade your wiring to 1/0 if you haven't already and add a battery to the back. 3rd deaden your vehicle like crazy: roof, doors, floor, trunk/back, EVERYTHING. You do all that and your current sub and amp will prolly reach the 140 mark.

My car is a Toyota celica, subwoofer facing rear in hatch, yes I do have sound deadening in the rear 4g going to amp from bat . In as1 you have to have car off and play music , I went with a 40a fuse near the amp so I could be in a lower class , I have a good prefab box that is tuned to 35hz . I just got through doing the big 3 and about to run 0g to the rear, stock alt and stock batt

ditch that prefab, make a box with the sub facing up and the port facing in the cabin with a nice large port tuned higher for better numbers. doesn't have to be for daily use, just when u do shows

My car is a Toyota celica, subwoofer facing rear in hatch, yes I do have sound deadening in the rear 4g going to amp from bat . In as1 you have to have car off and play music , I went with a 40a fuse near the amp so I could be in a lower class , I have a good prefab box that is tuned to 35hz . I just got through doing the big 3 and about to run 0g to the rear, stock alt and stock batt
No such thing

I gained a DB by having the guys let go of my hatch. I gained .3 by using the drivers seat instead of the passenger seat. I hope to hit the 145 mark at the end of this month, I want that sticker.
im curious so what are you actually hitting & what class. just curious because i been thinking about MECA

will is the man to listen to for meca (well one of them) he gets to see what everyone does to get loud as a judge....

but in all honesty meca is hard to get loud in, its something that takes a lot of practice to try and figure out and to get right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Firemedic

10+ year member
Firemedic
Alabama
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from