My F'd Up Situation Please Help!

nickc52042
10+ year member

ok here is my f'd up situation. In the past I had 2 10'' Kicker l5's given to me. Then i went ahead and purchased to 15'' kicker cvr's sometime later. Long story short i was only 17 and didnt have the cash for an amp to power either sets so they were kind of sitting around but regardless they were very important to me. I moved out and i had left one of each set back at my mom's and the other sub of each set is with me at my apartment. earlier this week i decided to ask my sister to check on them... and i find out my mom has sold them right under my nose.

So now i am stuck with an 10'' L5 and a 15'' CVR.

I have no amp.

So I'm basically asking what do you think? Should i just sell them? Would these 2 make an alright duo. I think they are both around 500 rms so is it possible to buy an amp at about 1000 rms and just hook them both up? I need opionions please. Thank you.

dont listen to these ****sticks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Depends what your looking for.

dont listen to these ****sticks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gifDepends what your looking for.
I think at this point I just want a good sound, doesnt need to be the loudest **** in the world. I already know the 15'' wont hit highs or mids really for ****, but the lows it kills it. The 10's on the other hand were amazing, just didnt have an amp to match the power. So I mean if i think about it it may sound good cus ill have the 15 pounding the lows and the 10 hitting all the above. But I dont know that much about it all.

Ideas anyone...

Forget everything you think you know about subwoofer frequancy response..

Personally I would keep the L5, sell the CRV on CL and buy a decent amp to power it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.