My Eclipse head unit is screwed up already, what is wrong with it?

ls1pimp
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NJM
Today it randomly stopped reading CD's. It just keeps blinking "Reading" like 6 or 7 times, then pops the cd back out and says "Info 3" which means the CD is dirty. Except i tried it with brand new CD's and it still says that. What is wrong with it? It is an Eclipse 5444. The thing is also still under warranty but I am hoping that maybe there is something I can do myself so i don't have to send it in and wait a month to get my head unit back.

try cleaning nthe hu? Might help, who knows
how should I clean it? Put in a cleaning cd or something? And i doubt that is the problem. I was listening to one cd and it was fine, then i popped it out and switched the cd, and that cd didn't work. And now no CD i put in it works.

somewhere on the front or behind the faceplate there should be a 'reset' button. its a small hole somewhere , just big enough to insert a pin or pencil tip. try pushing that? you will lose all your settings but it might restore normal cd operation.

somewhere on the front or behind the faceplate there should be a 'reset' button. its a small hole somewhere , just big enough to insert a pin or pencil tip. try pushing that? you will lose all your settings but it might restore normal cd operation.
thanks, ill try that right now.

I just reset it but it still doesn't work.

why would i send it to a store in Maine? If I do have to send it in for service, why wouldn't i just send it directly to Eclipse myself?
Because Eclipse will end up sending it to them anway. If the deck is still under warranty from an authorized Eclipse dealer then you need to talk to them. UR is great...they warranty their work for 6 months. My 8053 had a similar problem, it sent it to them and it has worked perfectly ever since.

Because Eclipse will end up sending it to them anway. If the deck is still under warranty from an authorized Eclipse dealer then you need to talk to them. UR is great...they warranty their work for 6 months. My 8053 had a similar problem, it sent it to them and it has worked perfectly ever since.

yeah it is still under warranty.

why would i send it to a store in Maine? If I do have to send it in for service, why wouldn't i just send it directly to Eclipse myself?

United Radio is in Syracuse, NY, and they are an authorized eclipse repair center(that does great work).

Ship In Address and

Drop Off Counter:

United Radio

5717 Enterprise Parkway

East Syracuse, NY 13057

Corporate Offices

United Radio

5703 Enterprise Parkway

East Syracuse, NY 13057

It sounds like the laser may have become misaligned(bumps, etc).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.