My Eclipse font play MP3's off of my MS Duo

m48xhp
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Exclusive
My AVN says "No Music Data" when I try to switch the source. The unit is reading the card cause I was able to transfer an image to the HDD. However, now it wont even do that. I can't figure out why. Does this all have to be formatted a certain way, or does it have to be in any folders specifically? The manual says nothing of help.

nevermind. tech support told me that it will only playback on an MS that is 128mb or less. pretty freaking retarded. anyway, that is the problem in case anyone else wonders.

^The problem is that the slot on your particular HU can only handle the Memory Stick format, which maxes out at 128MB notwithstanding the MS Select models that had multi-partitions on them with a switch to change between them.

Any MS with a capacity higher than 128MB is a Memory Stick PRO; whether it's a Pro regular or Pro Duo (reduced size) it's still a Pro.

Anything that can read MS Pro can also read MS, however the opposite is not true since MS Pro is newer technology.

The AVN7000 appears to be a pretty recent unit, so it's surprising Fujitsu Ten would not have made it an MS Pro slot instead of just an outdated regular MS slot. However that seems like exactly what they did.

^The problem is that the slot on your particular HU can only handle the Memory Stick format, which maxes out at 128MB notwithstanding the MS Select models that had multi-partitions on them with a switch to change between them.
Any MS with a capacity higher than 128MB is a Memory Stick PRO; whether it's a Pro regular or Pro Duo (reduced size) it's still a Pro.

Anything that can read MS Pro can also read MS, however the opposite is not true since MS Pro is newer technology.

The AVN7000 appears to be a pretty recent unit, so it's surprising Fujitsu Ten would not have made it an MS Pro slot instead of just an outdated regular MS slot. However that seems like exactly what they did.
i just wish they had specified that in the literature or the manual before i dropped the cash on a 2 gig.
Will it still play mp3 cds??
yes.

Well, then why worry about a stupid memory stick when you can listen to MUCH HIGHER bitrate mp3s on an mp3 CD.??
what does the bit rate have to do with anything?i could but 2 gigs worth the songs at any bit rate on an MS or 700mb on a disc.

what does the bit rate have to do with anything?i could but 2 gigs worth the songs at any bit rate on an MS or 700mb on a disc.
Sorry, I read an earlier post wrong. I thought someone said that 128 was the highest bit rate but he had said something different.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Also, the memory stick wont play MP3's even if it is 128mb

It only plays ATRAC3 format which most people havent even heard of. Its totally retarded and I feel cheated every time I look at that magic gate slot....**** you eclipse!

Also, the memory stick wont play MP3's even if it is 128mbIt only plays ATRAC3 format which most people havent even heard of. Its totally retarded and I feel cheated every time I look at that magic gate slot....**** you eclipse!
no, the avn7000 (at least) just plays mp3s. it is not compatible with atrac3. it says so in the manual.

Pretty sure they call out the 128 MG limitation. The fact that its limited to that, and that size is hard to get at this point (I know, looked for one for a while before a coworker who used to have an older eclipse gave me a 64 Magicgate one). Eitherway, its just a way to get some info into the AVN and not really for anything else.

Juan

no, the avn7000 (at least) just plays mp3s. it is not compatible with atrac3. it says so in the manual.
I'm pretty sure the CD player portion of the deck will play MP3 and WMA files from CDs but the Magic Gate will only play ATRAC3. I'm assuming the AVN7000 is the same in that respect as the CD8445. I realize that this probably sounds like the most retarded thing in the world...maybe because it is

The MS card slot can play ATRAC3, and it does say it in the manual. It also clearly mentions that it doesnt support anything besides the regular MS stick, so I dont know why u bothered to drop money on a 2 gig stick before reading it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.