H/U installation for a 2004 Honda Accord

Participant count
  • Participant list

B_Master_Flash
10+ year member

Trust me, I'm a doctor
hey I'm going to put a new deck in my friends 2004 honda accord, just wondering if anyone else has worked on this car and can answer a couple questions.

There are two wiring kits you can get, a full blown kit that integrates w/ the A/C knobs and replaces the stock stereo, or what seems to be a half assed kit that just allows you to install the new deck into the empty space below the stock stereo.

The second one sounds kinda janky, but it's $180 less. If you seen how they look, do you think it's worth it to get the full blown kit?

yea dude dont spend ur money on the full blown kit, i think it looks really tacky, i have the kit that replaces the cubby under the factory radio/ac. does your friend have an lx or ex? if he has an ex then if he gets the full blown kit, he loses his dual climate control. theres about 4 people in houston with me that have the kit that goes inplace of the cubby. a guy i know has the full blown metra kit and i personally think it looks really tacky. also wit the kit that fits at the bottom, if you remove the headunits faceplate. you really cant see anything so if anyone looks into your car they see the factory radio. if you need any more help lemme know.

agreed with the full kit...its just plain ugly. I went with the relocation kit when I had my AV6 not for a HU, but you get the point..

475185_8_full.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.