My build, 2006 Ford Focus ST ZX4.

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigbangtheory
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Well I had my system in there and really never got to taking pics of it, but will add those at a later time. I recently took it all out and started sound deadening my trunk and well now for the most part it is done. Just want to take the panels back off to add some deadener to those. Also need to do the top of the rear deck.

This is the 1st time I have sound deadened, so be gentle.

I think for the most part it is coming along nicely.

I have a total of 10 hours involved so far and 2 weeks into it due to my work schedule and watching the baby. So this is a lengthy process. Still have the top of rear deck, doors, roof and floor to do. Going to focus on the fron doors next so I can get my Alpine SPX type X 5 1/4" componet set in there. Running amped stockers again after selling my MB Quarts. Dam things are louder and just as clear as my el cheapo Quarts, lol!

Check back as will be updating this from time to time...........that is when I get the time to get back to it.

Products used so far. 40sqft of Second Skin damplifer and maybe 10sqft of fatMat on the floor in the trunk. Second skin goes on nice, easy to mold, but god dam it, if it didn't cut the **** out of my hands. FatMat is a litlle harder to mold, but seems to stick just as good and didn't cut my hands up. To me both seem to be working as my sound has drastically changed. Mostly due to the SS though.

Ok on to the pics.

NewpicsofIreland4108051.jpg

NewpicsofIreland4108050.jpg

NewpicsofIreland4108047.jpg

NewpicsofIreland4108046.jpg

NewpicsofIreland4108048.jpg

NewpicsofIreland4108045.jpg

NewpicsofIreland4108049.jpg

NewpicsofIreland4108052.jpg

NewpicsofIreland4108053.jpg

NewpicsofIreland4108055.jpg

NewpicsofIreland4108056.jpg

NewpicsofIreland4108057.jpg

NewpicsofIreland4108061.jpg

NewpicsofIreland4108062.jpg

NewpicsofIreland4108064.jpg

NewpicsofIreland4108065.jpg

I have the system back in, which consist of a Pioneer 880prs, Aline SPX's,Kicker CVX 12 in a 1.5 sealed box, 750.1 Autotek amp, Clarion highs amp, cheap lanzar crossover and a kinetik 2400 in front 600 in back. Like I said before, will get pics of that in due time.

Thanks for looking.

Looks good. Sound deadening is one of the best investments I've made to my vehicle IMO. I have two layers of damplifier on my front doors, and sometimes it sounds like the back windows are cracked open sometimes because of all the noise entering from the rear doors compared to the front.

Actually thinking about selling most of the stuff and either getting out of it, or get something else, lol! I hate when I get in moods like this, especially after I just deadened the **** out of my trunk. Thing is it sounds good, just want something different. Whatever.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.