MX 15" vs. XXX 12"(both 06)

That is kinda good to hear so I dont have to spend as much for the xxx and I will save some weight. I would run more wattage but an upgraded alt is $650 or so because I have an import.
Just go pick up a couple of Kinetik Audio batteries for less and get your Alt rewound by someone who knows what they are doing, you shouldn't have any problems by doing that and you'll save some $$. Check out http://www.kinetikaudio.com and goto power cells section. In my opinion I would go with the XXX though, I deal RE and US Amps, and I have a video proving that the XXX line can handle way too much power, try 8000 watts to a pair of XXX 15. You can see it at http://www.realmofexcursion.com under RE Audio in the brand locator and searching for this heading: USAMPFREAKS's two 15" XXX in a ported enclosure @ 35Hz, powered by a four US Amps AX2000 strapped at 15V.

The only company that I have heard of that makes them for my car (mazda3) is H.O. and they want 650 for a 170amp alt but I will take a look around to see what else is out there. And another thing can you run a herc at .5ohms daily or will that kill it because I just realized the MX's i was looking at are dual 1ohm:crap: Or should I jsut go with 2 1000w amps one on a coil?
than find a shop that will make you a bracket, find an alt and do some math with the pulleys.

ill let you know how the 15" MX sounds off 2000 watts in a lil jus gotta get a box to put my buddies in...but mobieus the guy ur thinkin bout buyin the mx off of he said he didnt like the XXX call him and talk to him he has experience with both...

The problem with the alt is not that I cant find one with enough power its that my car will sense the increase in power from the alt and compensate to bring the power down to normal levels. This is why I would have to get the alt from H.O. because theirs is designed to fool my computer and allow the increased power to get through. I will have to ask mobieus as well I didnt realize he had experience with both. Thanks guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

audiom3

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
audiom3
Gainesville,FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date